Talks

When we are back to the house the three of us have an awkward dinner of pizza, that is now cold. Sasha had already put Lily to bed. Jimmy disappeared to go talk to her Sasha.

They come back with bedding for Jess and I's bed. The guys get the living room situated and I help Sasha clean up.

"So Jimmy asked about you staying for a couple days," she says not looking up, as she washes dishes.

"Yeah? How do you feel about that?" I ask.

"It's fine with me," she says, handing me a plate to dry.

I set it and my towel on the counter.

"I'm sorry we dropped in on you guys like this. It's just that we've never met Jimmy. From what we heard about him we didn't expect to find out he had another family."

She doesn't answer me. I start drying again.

"With our mother being a wack job and Luke being as protective and stubborn as he is we had to see if he was really as awful as they made him out to be."

"Have you made a decision yet?" she asks.

"Eh, he's not all that bad. And I mean the thought did cross my mind at some point that he had another family, but I didn't expect someone as cool as you."

She smiles at me and I give her one back. Once we finish we go into the living room and see Jess already asleep.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed myself. Sleep well," she says, giving me a pat on the back before walking off.

"You too."

I slide into bed next to Jess and pull out a book. After a few minutes Jimmy comes out. I wave at him. He comes to sit in a chair next to me.

He just sits there for a minute. I can tell something's on his mind. He wants to say something.

"What's up Jimmy?"

"You two really have done fine without me."

"We had a rough patch, but Luke was able to fix stuff."

I look over at Jess and see him still on his stomach, clutching his pillow, sound asleep. I don't take my eyes off him as I keep talking.

"I think we'd both still be set in our old ways if it weren't for Luke."

"You really got into Yale?"

I look at him and smile.

"Yeah."

I frown a bit.

"Jess could have too if Luke had gotten ahold of us sooner. He's so smart, but he gave up and stopped trying. He got so used to hearing that he'd never amount to anything that he believed it."

I look at Jess again.

"It took a lot of convincing that he was worth more. Not just from me anymore. That didn't work. It took Luke and Rory."

I look back at Jimmy when he speaks.

"Who's Rory?"

"Oh, she's Jess' girlfriend. They've been together for a while. She's awesome. She's smart, and extremely sweet. She's my best friend. We're going to Yale together."

"What about you? Are you dating anyone?"

My face drops and I look down at my lap.

"Um, no. Not... anymore."

"Do I need to kill some kid?"

I let out a short laugh.

"No, it's fine. It just didn't work out between us."

After a minute he sighs and stands.

"I should let you get some sleep. We can talk more in the morning."

"Okay."

"Goodnight," he says, walking out.

I lay down.

"Night, Jimmy."

--

Third POV

In the morning Sasha woke up and looked to her right. Jimmy lay fast asleep. He was on his side, clutching his pillow.

She left him to sleep as she got up to get ready for the day. After getting dressed she walked out into the living room.

She had to fight back a laugh when she saw them. The twins lay side by side, on the air mattress. Both of them lay in almost the exact positions as Jimmy.

The twins were on their sides, facing each other and had their arms wrapped tightly around their pillows.

Tucked under Jo's arm was a little green dinosaur stuffed animal. Sasha went to the table across the room and picked up her polaroid camera.

She stood at the foot of the air mattress and snapped a picture of them before going to take one of Jimmy. She held onto the to give to Jo later.

--

The twins woke up a couple hours later, hearing commotion in the kitchen. Jo sat up and stretched. She looked down when she felt something hit her lap.

Laying there was the little green dinosaur. Bartholomew. She looked to Jess, who had yet to sit up, but lay rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

She picks up Bartholomew and holds him over Jess' face.

"Where did he come from?"

"I brought him. I thought you'd want him. You know, new place and all," he states as he pushes himself up.

"Oh, well, thank you. It is nice having him here," she replies, looking at Bartholomew.

Soon they get up and head into the kitchen.

\\AN// -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

-- Izzy