Chapter 3- The Fourth Eldest Brother.

Edited.

Brynn woke up late in the night. Not by choice, mind you- habit.

She tried to get back to sleep, but to no avail and ended up standing in front of her door debating whether or not to go out.

On one hand, no one would be up and she really need some water. Her throat had that horrible post-sleep dryness which felt awful whenever she swallowed.

On the other hand, she wasn't sure whether or not she was allowed out of her room at this time.

Zayne didn't say she couldn't and technically it is morning. Making up her mind, she decided to leave.

She left her room, closing her eyes to try and envision the path to get to the kitchen. Envisioning it took time, there were so many hallways. However, she soon found herself at the top of the centre staircase. Standing behind the rails, she inspected the downstairs area checking no-one was down there and when she saw that nobody was, she ventured down.

The downstairs area was a bit easier to map than upstairs and finding the kitchen wasn't too hard.

The darkness of the kitchen once she'd opened the door made her feel creeped out. Such a huge room in total black abyss. The girl debated staying out in the dimly lit hallway. That wasn't going to get her her water though, was it?

She stepped into the room, jumping when the lights switched on the millisecond her foot was on the hard, marble floor. Woah. The lights could do that in other rooms too?

The main large chandelier lit up the entire space and so did the inside of the cupboards, displaying all their contents. Above the large stove was where the cups looked to be so Brynn made her way over there, stopping when she was right before them and remembering something.

Don't I have my water bottle upstairs? she questioned before scrunching her face up in annoyance. Stupid.

She could have just filled it up in the bathroom sink. What a stupid mistake to-

The front door opened and slammed shut.

Jumping, she spun around. This truly was a stupid thing to do. How could she think that she'd be allowed to do something like this? This wasn't even her house.

She crept out the kitchen, the lights flickering off when her figure was fully out, and found herself underneath the centre staircase in the main entry hall. A man stood in front of the closed front door, the only lights illuminating him were the two ones beside said door.

Oh god. She thought Silas was disconcerting. This man's aura was blood-curling. His messy and sweaty dark brown hair stuck to his forehead and his knuckles were wrapped in bandages. Standing at at least six four, basically ninety five percent muscle, with vivid blue eyes which could be seen from where Brynn hid, it was obvious to her who this was.

Ezra.

She knew he owned his own boxing studio, where he probably came from just now, still in his gym wear. He was on his phone, growling at someone on the other end. Brynn heard some of it, peering her head out of her hiding place.

"-fuck man, you think that's my problem?"- the person on the other end said something- "no, I didn't think it was, so tell me why the fuck you're bothering me with it"- the person said more.

Brynn couldn't zone into his other words because Ezra started moving. Closer to where she was underneath the staircase.

Her eyes bulged out of their sockets and she spun around and pushed herself against the bottom of the staircase, trying to merge into it if she could.