Chapter 13- The Closet.

Trigger Warning: SA
Third Person POV

It was 2:30 am and the Verlice siblings were all in their respected rooms.

Well. Except the youngest.

Little Brynn was walking. Walking down the bedroom corridor and around the corner, barefoot and matching baby pink pyjamas. Her hands were gripping onto either sleeves, which were resting on the palms of her hands and she was doing her best not to trip over her pants, which were caught under her heels.

Well. Sleep-state Brynn was, anyway. Conscious-state Brynn wasn't here right now.

Suddenly, she stopped. Something told her too. Funnily enough, this something didn't seem like a friend. Not at all.

Now she was in the middle of the hallway. The hallway with only the upstairs bathroom and the supply closet.

Brynn was, shall we say, interested in the little closet that stood. She was staring intently at the dark oak door, face full of curiosity with a small frown, furrowed eyebrows and concentrated eyes.

She could've sworn she saw the handle move. Painstakingly slow, it turned, until the familiar click sounded. After a few seconds of it remaining slightly ajar, it opened further. It inched wider at an incredibly dragging pace.

Brynn couldn't even find it in her to allow her anxiety to spike. The door was now fully open, the handle gently knocked against the wall; it was just darkness. The outline of a few shelves could be seen.

Well, that was until Brynn brought her eyes down. She took a step back on her right foot and the floor creaked under her.

---

The Verlice brothers all looked up from what they were doing.

Zayne was sat doing paperwork on his bed, his blazer actually off for a change but still in the rest of his suit with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Callan, Brayden and Silas were watching Netflix in their plaid pyjama bottoms and t-shirts. Ezra was looking in his drawers for pyjamas, just coming out of the shower. Zaiden was catching up on homework in his sweats and hoodie and Zach was scrolling through his phone, pretending to pay attention the movie playing in the background.

Now, they had all paused their activities, hearing a creak. Usually, it would be assumed that someone was just getting a drink, but if that was the case, they'd hear a lot more footsteps after it.

So they waited, waited to hear it again.

Creak.

They all stood and made their way to their doors, simultaneously opening them together and all coming face to face with one another. Zach grimaced at Ezra.

"Must we see everything?"

"I've got a towel on," Ezra spread his arms to show said towel, only to find it missing. He looked back in his room and saw he'd dropped it making his way over.

Zayne did not look amused, Callan had his elbow resting on his arm, face in his hand and the rest of them were scoffing and showing their disgust.

Ezra came back to his door way, tightening the towel around his waist.

Creak.

They all froze and looked at each other, seriously, then down the hallway, where they'd heard the sound come from. It was dimly lit and not a shadow could be seen.

Their first instinct was to check on their little sister. Zayne's instincts were the first to kick in as he crossed from his room to hers in two steps. Careful to not make a sound, he turned the door knob, creaking the door open enough to poke his head in and scan the area.