Chapter 37- Run For Your Brothers.

She watched as Sid's face crumpled in agony, dropping the blade and her at the same time. She fell to her knees, getting back up again to watch as Sid crumbled to his knees, groaning.

The blade dropped right in front of him, reminding Brynn of her predicament. She had to get out of here.

Turning around to the handles, she found her best way. Being halfway up the bleachers didn't occur to her as she tangled her limbs through the handles, jumping down and crying out when her left ankle twisted funny. She fell to her knees, only pulling herself up on her hands when she heard Sid's frustrated, strangled scream of her name.

The terrified girl shook her brother's heavy coat off, as well as her blazer as she got to her feet, cringing at the added weight on her ankle.

She heard the bleacher's rails squeak though, which meant Sid was climbing over.

She moved her swollen ankle to the front and did what she had to do.

Run.

Brynn ran for what felt like her life.

It was just like in the dreams. The ones where you're running from something. Where you feel like you're running on a squishy treadmill, a marshmellow or even nothing. Putting all your aspiration and determination into it, but coming up short and not making it very far physically.

It was exactly the same as that.

She ran on the moist grass of the school fields, away from Sid, who seemed to gain speed as the milliseconds went on. Her arms moved at her side for more leverage, the limbs slowly starting to burn.

Her face scrunched up in extreme discomfort, her ankle killed. Each step on her left foot sent shocking pains through her leg and up her spine.

A small whimper escaped as she tried to speed up. Sid was insane.

He screamed her name, still not letting up. He had taken most of his layers off, like she did, to remove the extra weight, which was unfortunate for Brynn because she needed him to be slow.

She reached the school doors, the ones which led to the school fields which she was previously on. Now she was on the concrete by the double doors, praying to god that they were open.

She knew it was risky to stop even a second to open the door, delays had to be avoided at all costs. So when she reached out to grip the metal pull handle and the doors opened, all she could do was go straight through. Not look back, not try to shut the door behind her to delay Sid further, just fucking go.

The hardness of the flooring was worse on her ankle and her mind flitted through all the places she could go to that she knew of.

Classrooms could only be unlocked by a thing the teachers had and besides, she wasn't stupid enough to try and find solace in a confined space.

The corridor she'd entered was long, miles and miles and miles long, it was the only corridor which went straight the school, from entrance to back field exit. That fact, right now, was Brynn's saving grace. 

All she had to do was go straight ahead, which she did, until her face crumpled further in pain as her run stuttered.

She kept going, more hyper-aware of the pain than she was before because of the solid flooring underneath the balls of her feet. 

Her eyebrows scrunched up downwards, as did her eyes. Her mouth was parted, allowing small, yet harsh, breaths out. Her entire face made up one expression.

Pure fear.

The main entrance to the school wasn't a pull or push, it was one of those swinging ones. One of the few things giving Brynn determination to keep running was that the door at the end was easy to open. She didn't think any more one second delays would do her any good.