Chapter 8- Sir.

Tree after tree after tree.

Silas was driving at a speed that could not be legal. Who was I to tell him to slow down though? I think I was lucky they weren't making me walk home. Ezra looked ready to explode. 

I didn't think going to pee would cause someone such stress. 

I debated apologising but I didn't for two reasons. Firstly, I wasn't risking a punishment. Secondly, what would I be apologising for?

I get I told him I'd wait but when you've got to go, you've got to go. Besides, it's not like anything could have happened to me, I was only going to the toilet. Still, I knew I should have listened, especially to someone with a temper as bad as Ezra's or Silas'.

Oh my god, what if they tell Zayne?

I'd rather take another beating from Milo than be scolded at by Zayne. The mere thought of disappointing and annoying Zayne overtakes any fear I have of a beating.

I was snapped back into reality when the car made an unanticipated turn. I had to use my not-very-many torso muscles to keep me upright otherwise I might've smacked into the seats next to me. If getting yelled at by Zayne didn't kill me, Silas' turns might. 

"...and then you have the audacity to not listen to our strict orders! Honestly Brynn! What were you thinking?!" Ezra's pissed off voice sounded through my thoughts. Neither of them were looking at me. Ezra was sneering at his phone and Silas was focusing his death stare on the road.

I couldn't handle all the noise right now. All I could hear was the swoosh sound of passing vehicles and trees, Ezra and Silas' muffled scolds and the thumping of my own heart. Too much. Make it stop.

I curled my legs up onto the seat and wrapped my arms around them in a vigorous grip whilst mindlessly looking out the tinted window. Breathe.

"Imagine what your mother would say."

"You are so-"

"Irresponsible!" Silas carried on. I just kept my cheek resting on my knees and inwardly sighed. I just wanted to be curled up in my bed. My only safe space.

"Are you listening to me, sorellina?" I snapped my head up with wide eyes, fearful I'd pissed them off even more.

I'm pretty sure Africa is listening to you right now, Ezra.

"I didn't mean to disobey you." I don't even think I said it, it was so quiet.

"We told you not to leave the office! What part of that did you not understand, Brynn?" Silas rebuked. We're going in circles here.

"What's the big deal? It's not like I left the place, nothing would have happened!" I insisted almost begging them internally to not tell Zayne. I don't want to disturb him with something as petty as me going to the toilet when I was told to stay in Ezra's office. He definitely had more important things to deal with.

This seemed to keep them quiet because rather than shooting back, they looked towards each other and stayed silent. I couldn't tell exactly what they were doing but it appeared to be speaking through their minds.

They finished their internal discussion and Silas concentrated on the road as Ezra turned back around to me. "It doesn't matter, Brynn. We gave you an order and when one of us gives you an order, you always listen to us. No exceptions, you hear me?" 

I didn't respond, only toyed with the bobble around my wrist. What was I supposed to say to that? He wasn't wrong. Technically, I'm in all my brothers' care now because they're the adults.