Chapter 5

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

30 April

I was sitting in my bench by the window when school break had just started and I looked over to see my neighbor pulling out the bento she had prepared for herself.

I relaxed and leaned against the back of the chair to fully enjoy the free time.

She began to eat, and I didn't let go of the food envy in my eyes on her. Normally I would have gone to the cafeteria to order something, but there was no need.

This problem did not concern me anymore.

Horikita gave me a glance for a second, but immediately turned her gaze back to her meal.

She looked like she wanted to say something, so I decided to try by asking.

"Something wrong?"

She didn't take her eyes off the food and opened her mouth, I could already feel her icy cold language that was ready to say unkind things to me.

"Just regretting glancing at you, now you're going to pester me with pointless taunts. It's harassment."

So cold.

"Harassment?! It's you who glanced at me!"

"Hoo, on what basis do you say that? Do you have evidence?"

"That.. No I don't."

"Hmpf, as I thought."

Already the conversation was about to end, but a third person joined in.

"Aha! I am the proof, I saw everything!"

A sweet voice spoke up, oh my rescue!

"Oh, isn't it Karuizawa-san again? As usual, you came to pasteurize that unsocial and desperate product that is Ayanokouji-kun?"

Pasteurize? That's too much, excuse me!

"I came to save Ayanokouji-kun for your crimes!"

"Even if you were a witness, it changes basically nothing. You have neither evidence nor argument against me. Nor is there any evidence that I said it. The only thing I'm facing is a rebuke."

I looked at Karuizawa powerlessly and my eyes were saying "You can't win with her."

Horikita lives in her own world where only she is the queen.

"Mumumn."

The golden-haired mumbled something to herself disappointedly; I didn't know what she meant.

"Anyway!"

Luckily she brought a huge, but such a super huge bento with her.

She borrowed a chair from someone and sat down in front of me, a warm smile aimed in my direction when the bento was opened, revealing a huge amount of different kinds of food that would easily be enough to fill the stomachs of three people.