|4|

"Your going out?"

I glance to my mom through the my vanity mirror. I was drying my hair when she came in my room.

"We're going to buy new fabrics for our client's personal design."

We accept personalize design gowns if our clients can't find something they like on our catalogs. But of our course, I do the sketching. They will tell me the details and I sketch it for them.

"But it's Saturday." She said with an edgy tone.

I turn to her.

"What about Saturday?"

"Mary texted me that we go out today. Like the old days. You know, eat outside and stroll around."

Eat outside?

That is not the usual meeting like the old days. They will chat for certain topics then they will end up talking about him and I again. The only good thing about it, is the food.

Don't get me wrong. Aunt Mary is a good, nice and fun to be with. In fact, she is like a mother to me. When I can't confide to my mother, I ran to her. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable with her is she do not just see me as a nice daughter of her friend. It's far way more than that.

I don't want to give them false hope about us. Because there was never an us. It's just him and I. We became friends but our friendship was ruin because of it. And now, we are strangers. We're not even friends on social media anymore.

"Ahm, I'll see if I will make it." I lied but I plan to spend my whole day with Syd. Hera has something more important to do so she can't be with us today.

"You should." She said with a high tone, not the angry high tone. More of excited. "Besides, it's in the afternoon. Be sure that you will make it." She even raised her brows with a smirk.

Ahh!! I don't like the way she is acting.  It seems fishy. I was going to ask her about it but she hurriedly  left my room. I decided to wear a casual wear, a peach floral top and white shorts paired with white flip flops. Whether I decided to keep up with them, at least I look good.

When I was satisfied with my look I grab my sling bag and walk down. I prefer backpacks but if we go shopping for fabrics, I use sling bags. I'm not surprise to see Syd having his time on our living room.

"Finally, we can go now!" He rise from his sit and take his cup of juice in our kitchen sink.

"How long did you wait?"

He wipe his hand on the hand towel that was dangling on our refrigerator's handle after washing it.

"Not so long. Just fifteen minutes."

"Make it twenty minutes. I'm just gonna break my fast."

He take my hand and drag me out of our kitchen. It was a lie, of course. I am just teasing him.

"My goodness, Collie. We will be stuck on the traffic if I will wait for another five minutes. Let's just grab a food on drive tru."

He got a hint that it was just a joke when I laugh. Mom reminded me again of our usual bonding but I just nod to her. Syd asked about it and I told him the details.

"Oh my gosh! So, since you were a kid they've been planning your wedding! Your so lucky, my dear Collie!"

"What is so lucky about it?"

I cross my arms and slouch on my sit.
He shifts his eyes to me for a moment.

"You don't have to worry that you will end up being an old maid."

When She Fell in LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara