|9|

The preparation for his engagement is finally done. We have talked to the florist already and settled the things. The ring was chosen, the flowers are done, how the venue would look like has already finalized. I thought he would stop bothering my quiet life but he's not yet done pestering me.

Here he was again, choosing in our wardrobe what to wear on his special day. And he even take us to dress their entourage on their wedding day. My goodness this is too much! But I can't refuse to him since we also had a customer aside from him. Hera is currently taking his measurements for the customize suit he wants.

"Is that how you take your client's measurements?" He asked with a furrowed brows, his eyes is glued to what Hera is doing.

She is currently taking the thigh measurement. Of course, you need to slid the tape measure between his upper leg to surround it on his thigh and she's crouching in his side. It's awkward but it's how you get the measurements.

"Yes."

"Are you taking your clients measurements also?" His tone is raised, I guess.

"What would you expect? I am a dressmaker so, I should know."

"WHAT!"

Now, everyone of us got his attention. He looked angry, I don't know why, and our customers is sending us a questioning look. I slap his arm and pull him in our fitting room.

"What's with your reaction?" I throw him the suit he wants to buy.

"Let Syd do the measurements and don't do it ever again."

"Of course, Syd takes our male client's measurements but not all is comfortable with him. That is why either Hera or I do the job. It is for the client's sake."

"But not all men is saint! Most of them takes advantage!"

I pulled his arm when he raised his tone again and hush him. Our client might hear him and it's a red flag. He might not want to come back again.

"If that client takes back our job, I'll sue you and charge you a hefty amount of money for the compensation."

"I'm just saying the truth."

"Yeah, right! Talking about yourself." I snap to him.

"Since when did I take advantage of you?" He snap back.

Since you arrived. You made friends to me again because you want something and now you became the locust destroying my abundant life.

"Just try the suit. If it's perfect, then pay it to Syd."

I leave him there and went to display the finished gown in the mannequin. It was a customize gown for a ball but it could pass as a wedding gown because it's white despite the red and gold beadwork.

"Did you ever wished to get married someday?"

I glanced to him and his eyeing the gown. I fix my eyes back on the gown so he will not notice what I have felt when he asked that question.

"Any woman had wished for it but unlike them, I do not hope for it to happen."

"Why? You will have someone to spend your life with. To love and care for you. Forever. Don't you like the idea of sitting with your husband watching the sunset together?"

Wow! Such an irony for the man who promised me to be his bride someday! Could you imagine? He's saying these things to me? Right in front of my face!

"I like the idea of living my life to the fullest."

"Don't talk about the ending, Collie. You might regret it. Look, what happened to me! I'm proposing to the woman I want to spend my life with."

My hands stop tying the ribbon on the gowns back. It serves as it's lock instead of zipper. Why is he saying this to me? Didn't he think about what would I feel? And it really came from him. Of all people! The person who promised to love me forever giving me an advice to give love a chance?
My chest is about to explode and my eyes stings. Enough of this drama!