|11|

Kenshin

This is it.

The day I will introduce her formally to our family. I've waited for a long years for this day to come. I know it took so long, but I want to be the best man for her because she deserves the best. My mom was so surprise and happy at the same time when I told her about this. She gave me her support that is why we are facing her parents right now. To ask for their blessing.

Now, that we are face to face, I was so nervous of what would they say. Of course, I prepared everything without their consent! What if they would disagree? Actually, I invited all our family members. This a surprise after all!

"What's the occasion?"

Her mother asked. What they know is mom needs help in preparing a party in our house and she told the last minute to bring her father.

"It's my engagement party." Their smile died down and pursed their lips. "That is why I want to ask for your blessing before I will introduce her formally in the family."

"Is this because of the thing in the past?" Her father asked, void of any emotion.

God, I've never been this nervous in my life! It's hard to maintain my composure.

"Yes, Uncle."

Her mother reach for my hand. "I know that this day will come. We know that, that promise was silly and we entertained it seriously. Many things happened and your both grown ups now, Kenshin." She even mentioned my full name. Not my nickname they used to call me. "You don't need our blessings if you want to get married now. It's your right to chose who you want to spend your life with."

"Our families can still be friends even if the two of you do not end up with each other." Her father said.

"I really need your blessings to marry your daughter."

"I told you it's okay-" Her mother stop, she look at me with so much confusion when she realized what I said. She glance to her husband.

"Young man, what did you just say?" He asked with his brows furrowed.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with Collie. What I promised to her is the truth. I promise to love your daughter and take care of her like the way you took care of her. I want to wake up every morning with her beside me. I want to hold her hand until we get old. I want to be the man he deserve."

I mean every word I said to them. And if they refuse, I will not give up until they will said yes to my request.

"It's true. That's why I am more than sure that Collie will be my daughter in law." My mother back me up. "When he graduated, he refuse to come back home because he's still not the man Collie will be proud of."

Her mother's eyes shed tears and his husband wrap his arms around her shoulder and hushing her.

"Just promise one thing, Kenshin Segovia," His father's face softens but his tone is still dead serious, "don't make my daughter cry."

"I promise to only make her happy and if she cries, I will kiss her tears away."

"Actions, my son, not words."

A lump on my throat was relieved when he said those words. Does it mean?

"Your giving me the permission to change your daughter's surname?"

"Not change. Your just adding your surname to our family's name. Welcome to the family, son." He offered his hand for a shake and I gladly accept it.

"Thank you, Uncle!"

"I called you my son and you called me uncle?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Dad" I corrected myself and he thumbs up to me.