12장

Jungkook woke up in the morning feeling a heavy weight on his body. Taehyung was fast asleep, his big arms circled around Jungkook's small body while laying on top of Jungkook like a big, protective blanket. It had been a few months since they became an official couple. The Jeon's still didn't know where Jungkook was, which meant he was still safe.

Jungkook gently brought his fingers up to the prince's hair, and began brushing it gently. He took a chunk of the elders hair and began braiding it. Jungkook giggled softly as he saw the braids sticking out everywhere. He watched at Taehyung nuzzled his face into Jungkook's small stomach making Jungkook giggle again. Taehyung began to stir in his sleep, until finally he opened his eyes and looked up at the boy.
"Good morning my beautiful prince" Taehyung rasped out in his deep voice.
"Good morning" Jungkook smiled softly.
"I have a meeting to attend to with my father, so will you be okay?" Taehyung mumbled in his stomach.
"I'll be just fine" Jungkook chimed happily.

Taehyung was already at the meeting leaving Jungkook on his own. Jungkook was wondering around the castle, until he heard excessive coughing coming from the majesties bedroom. Jungkook frowned slightly and knocked on the door. He heard an unsteady come in and Jungkook walked in quietly. He saw the Queen hunched over holding her chest, coughing once again.

Jungkook quickly rushed over to one of their cabinets which had a jug of water on top with glasses by the side of it. Jungkook quickly poured the water in the glass and ran over to the Queen, giving her the glass.
"Are you okay your majesty?" Jungkook asked cautiously.
"I'm fine dear" She said with another chesty cough, making her take another drink of water.
"I think a walk might help, care to join me?" The Queen asked.
"Happily" Jungkook smiled, standing up.

He helped the Queen up from the bed and they walked out the room. They strolled down the corridor and made their way outside. The Queen hooked her arm with Jungkook as they strolled along the footpath.
"I'm ill" She said out in the open with a sigh. "and my Tae doesn't know yet" she said afterwards. "I have stage 4 lung cancer" she held onto Jungkook's arm a little tighter. "I'm guessing you know that it's incurable. I found out a few weeks ago, and I don't have long left"
"B-but you seemed okay at the ball and.." Jungkook stuttered in disbelief.
"I know, I didn't want to spoil the fun. I've been on medication. I don't want to scare you, but I want to make sure that you'll be there for him when I leave. He will be distraught when I tell him, don't let him shut you out" Mrs Kim but on her lip to stop herself from crying.
"I-I promise, I'll look after him" Jungkook sobbed.

"I again don't want to scare you but the King knows as well, and because of this he wants to step down from being king sooner than he wanted. Which means yours and Tae's wedding will have to be pushed forwards enabling for Tae to be coronated. I know you must to terrified to be Queen of Eunoia, but I have every bit of faith in you. You are the perfect role for Queen" she smiled at the boy.
"You see I was nervous as well, because the king and I had to marry the day we found out that we were mates. I believe in you Jungkook"

"B-but what happens if I'm not, the kingdom loves you. They might not accept me"
"They'll accept you when you show them that you respect them. The job of a Queen is not only to assist the King, but control the king. Your job is to make sure the king doesn't fall apart when he has to make big decisions. Your job is to love him to give him the strength of running the kingdom and make him smile when he's having a tantrum" she explained to the boy, who was listening and taking in everything.
"And I know you'll do just that. Now you are safe, this is a good chance to work on the best you" she smiled, before having another coughing fit.
"Maybe I should go to bed" she sighed.
"I'll help you" Jungkook quickly said, walking her back into the palace.
"I'm so thankful that Taehyung found a boy like you" She chuckled cupping Jungkook's hand, rubbing it softly.

They went back to her room and Jungkook helped the Queen to bed, and adjusted the pillows for her. He filled he glass up with water and helped her with the medicine.
"Thank you for caring" She smiled weakly, as she yawned tiredly.
"You're my mates mother, and someone I admire, I could do nothing other than care for you like you do with me" Jungkook said.

The Queen patted the bed, gesturing Jungkook's sit down, which he did. They continued talking till they heard the King and Prince walk up the stairs. The Queen gulped nervously knowing that this will be hard.
"It's okay" Jungkook supported the Queen, which she gave the younger a light nod.
"There you two are" the King smiled with an unreadable expression.
Taehyung followed after and saw Jungkook sitting at the end of the bed near his mother.
Taehyung walked to his mate and pecked the boys head before turning to his mother.
"Mother why are you in bed?" Taehyung asked confused noticing the huge tired bags under her eyes.
"Taehyung sweetie, I need to tell you something" she said with a chesty cough, ushering him to sit next to her on the bed, while the King sat on the other end on the bed to Jungkook.

"I have stage 4 lung cancer, and I don't have long left" she carried on exposing everything to her son.
Taehyung looked at her with teary eyes. She brought the boy into her motherly embrace and held onto him tightly. Jungkook teared up hearing the information again, and seeing his mate cry.
"It's okay dear, you'll be okay" her voice cracked trying to be strong as she looked at her husband, who was trying his best not to break down himself.