24장

Jungkook walked down the corridor after an afternoon nap and strolled the palace. The king and the ex King were in a meeting with the government. They had to discuss trading with another kingdom. The Queen wasn't needed, so Taehyung told the boy to rest instead. He didn't want to leave but Jungkook forced his pouty alpha to leave. So this left Jungkook alone to stroll around the palace. It wasn't as fun as he hoped, but his job wasn't to have fun, he had a whole kingdom to watch over.

Jungkook was making his way to the thrown room when he suddenly felt a hand covering his mouth. He tried to let out a scream but the grip was so tight it blocked off all noises. Jungkook tried to kick the person who was dragging him away like he was taught by Taehyung but his eyes became heavy and his whole body went limp.

...

Taehyung arrived back at the palace after a long afternoon. During the meeting they had, Taehyung's heart tightened, he had never felt such a thing before. But before he knew it, the tightening stopped and it eased again. He had no idea what had happened but he quickly carried on and ignored the feeling.

Anyway, once he arrived back, he waited for the double doors of the front door to open. He walked in, but he wasn't hit with that sweet, marshmallow scent. In fact the scent had disappeared completely, which was weird because it's always the first thing which Taehyung picks up when he's within a mile or two from the palace. But he didn't get anything. The air was unsettling, whatever it was it wasn't normal. He was also expecting his wife to come and jump on him, like he always did when Tae left him for more than 20 minutes, but again there was nothing. He tried to mind link with the boy but there was no reply.

"Where is my wife?" Taehyung boomed in an angry voice.
He knew this wasn't just him overthinking, this was real. There was no scent, no warmth, no nothing.
"What do you mean son?" His father asked confused as he thought Jungkook would be somewhere in the palace.
"He's not here" Taehyung growled, his eyes flickering a deep red.
"Son try to calm down" he tried to talk softly to calm the alpha down, although he knew himself it wouldn't work.
"I will calm down when my mate is in my arms, where the fuck is my mate!" Taehyung growled even louder, making all the workers to submit and their legs began shaking.

Taehyung was quick to run around the huge palace, not trusting anyone in case they were lying about Jungkook being in a room or not. He couldn't find him. He checked outside and looked towards their tree, but again he wasn't there. He saw one of his trustworthy guards and ran over to him.
"I need you to ask around this palace and see if anyone knows where Jungkook is? Or if they know anything about his disappearance. Do it as quickly as you can and take them to the throne room if you find someone!" Taehyung demanded with a spiteful tone.
"Yes your majesty" he bowed and quickly ran off.

Taehyung ran up the long staircase and went to his bedroom. The scent of Jungkook still lingered on the bed but it was very faint... which could only mean that it's been a few hours since he's been laying on the bed. Taehyung didn't want to cry, not yet. He knew it could only be the Jeon's. There's no one else who would do such a thing. The king was ready to kill whoever dared to hurt his mate, and he wasn't afraid to take them to war.

Taehyung huffed out stressfully and ran back downstairs. He stormed to the throne room and sat on him throne bouncing his legs up and down as he nervously waited. He heard the door open and looked up quickly to see the guard who he spoke to earlier drag someone in. Taehyung stood to his feet and ran down the steps and walked towards the person who was thrown to his knees.

"What do you know?" Taehyung growled, scaring the person on the floor, who looked to be one of the rookies.
"I was on my way to training and I passed the Queen and bowed, he looked kind of sad. Then as I kept walking I passed one of the other rookies, which I don't know the name of, but they were walking in the opposite direction. So I asked him, but he just grunted and ran off. But as I was about to walk off I heard a muffled scream, which sounded like our luna. As I turned around, I saw the luna's feet be dragged away into the back room, which has a door which goes onto the palace gardens. I ran after them but I was too late as they had already locked the door. I'm really sorry my king" they explained the best he could.

Taehyung looked at him and nodded his head.
"What did he look like?" Taehyung then asked in a less scarier tone but more serious.
"He was tall, black hair, I know it's not a lot, oh wait he had a scar on his forehead" he remembered his friend talking about them and the scar on his face.
"Okay I need people's help to track them down, and see if we know anyone else who saw them, now!" Taehyung screamed, making them nod, bow and run away.

...

Jungkook on the other hand was passed out on a damp, stone cold floor, in nothing but his underwear. It had already been a few hours till finally Jungkook began waking up. He opened his eyes weakly and looked around to see nothing but walls and a huge steel door. He moved slightly to cover his cold chest but the sound of chains was heard and something began digging into his wrists. He was chained up tightly.

"Fucking omega, you always have to ruin it"