Five

"Good."

That word made us both freeze and go wide eyed. What did she mean, good? Did she think I wasn't good enough for Lindsay? Was she jealous? As the thoughts ran through my mind, I could see the cogs turning in her head as I stared into her eyes. She was confused, surprised, maybe a little scared?

She took a deep breath and recomposed herself. 

"I just meant that it's good because you don't want to ruin your friendship with sex," she said with a newfound confidence. That sentence produced even more questions in my mind. I decided that it was best not to ask them, instead just nodding then looking up at the clock.

"Only five more minutes, Alex. Ignore the tension for five more minutes," I thought. We sat in a room filled with so much tension that not even a knife could cut through it, until the bell rang a final time and I quickly fled. 

There was no way I could go to Lindsay's now, I needed some space to think. I felt like laying in the comfort of my own bed tonight, so headed home. It took me nearly 30 minutes as I had to wait for the bus, but it bet sitting in a car with Jessica for only 5 minutes. When I walked through the large oak door, I was hit with a wave of delicious smells. I made my way into the kitchen to see my father and brother eating a tremendous amount of tacos. Skipping my way over, I grabbed myself four tacos before they all disappeared and savoured them slowly. 

The dinner conversation revolved around a girl that Hamish was interested in, and if I had decided to 'settle down' yet. Obviously I had not, and was not going to any time soon. I just didn't see the huge fuss about relationships. You are exclusively intimate with that one person, you give them your heart, then they shatter it and leave you exactly how they found you without a second thought. Why waste all that time and effort, only to feel worse than you did before hand? That is why I preferred casual sex. You never had sex with the same girl twice, you don't go breaking any hearts, and you live freely, to do as you feel. 

After dinner and a quick shower, I snuggled into the comfort of my queen sized bed. As I proceeded to watch the newest episodes of NCIS, I felt like I should've been out trying to clear my mind, instead of overthinking everything. Making a final decision, I got changed into my favourite pair of black skinny jeans and a tight-fitting cropped shirt that ended just above my navel. 

I slid into my white converse and ran out of the front door before I could be stopped. Due to the fact that I no longer had a vehicle, I was forced to trudge along the side of the road for a gruelling two miles. Eventually I made it to Manhattan's city centre and was rewarded with the sight of many bars and clubs opening for a long Tuesday night. I walked a few hundred yards before I came across 'Roxie's', only the best pride bar in Manhattan. 

I walked to where my friend Romeo was working the door, striking up a random conversation. It only lasted a few minutes before he slipped me inside as sneakily as he could. I was rewarded with the view of dozens of people grinding against each other on the dance floor, and the long bar almost full as it was closing in on midnight. 

I took my usual seat towards the far corner of the bar, far enough away from the door that I wouldn't be recognised by a raging fling, but close enough that I drew some attention to myself. I started off with a gin and tonic and browsed over my selection of women for the night. 

From my point of view, there were three possible candidates. There was a petite raven haired girl, that couldn't be older than 20, who was grinding it up with a few girls on the dance floor. A Latino woman in her early thirties who was by herself a couple of seats down from me, and a curvy blonde who was chatting up a girl in the corner. The blonde had her back to me, so I decided to try talking up the Latino woman. 

"Another gin and tonic for me, and another one of whatever she's having," I half shouted to the bartender over the loud music. The woman turned to face me with a stunning smile. She might've been in her thirties, but she could easily pull off mid-to-late twenties. The burgundy jumpsuit that she was wearing hugged her body in all the right places, yet made her look laid back and young at the same time.  

I took a couple of minutes just checking her out as she did the same to me. I could tell that she liked what she saw, so I shuffled closer and leaned towards her so she could hear me. 

"I'm Alex," I practically yelled in her ear. 

She gave me a small smirk and leaned even closer towards my face, "I'm Lucie." My eyes flicked down to her lips, but then she pulled away and took a sip of her new drink. 

We made small talk for about 15 minutes as we slowly drank our drinks and bathed in the atmosphere of the rowdy bar. A wave of blonde hair caught my eye, and I looked over at the blonde who still had her back to me. Her figure was simply stunning, her ass absolutely divine. 

I kept stealing glances at her throughout my conversation with Lucie, and didn't understand why I was so intrigued by her. I hadn't even seen her face yet. The cute brunette that she was talking to leaned in and I watched as they started to make out against the wall in the corner of the bar. 

The brunette, who I guessed had to be in her mid-twenties, spun the blonde until her back was to the wall, finally revealing her face to me. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. 

I stared in shock for a few seconds, completely forgetting about mine and Lucie's conversation. 

She opened her eyes, and I was met with those pale blue orbs once again. 

Thanks for reading!

Comment and vote!

I had fun writing this chapter, but it will start to get hot in the next one!

- T.J Starc