5

GLORY OR VALHALLA
— 5. The Drunk

 The Drunk

That day, near the docks at Kattegat, Rorik was walking alone with a smile on his face, searching for Amma, his intended. He stopped, however, when he saw a woman standing nearby, staring at him. It was Ingrid.

She stood there, smiling with her arms crossed as she eyed him intently.

Rorik sighed. He stopped walking and turned to her, a curious look on his face. "You are my mother's servant, are you not?" He asked her curiously and Ingrid nodded, "What is your name?"

"Ingrid," She answered confidently and Rorik sighed when he noticed her staring at him seductively.

"Well, Ingrid, in this world, you must always be careful. Especially when you are a servant such as yourself and I, a prince of two kingdoms," He explained to her and Ingrid smirked as she swiftly moved toward him.

Confidently, she leaned closer to him, her face becoming just inches away from his. She glanced down at his lips, just before looking him in the eye once more. "I don't want to be careful," She told him in a low, seductive tone before walking away.

Rorik watched her walk away for a moment, smirking slightly. He sighed, just before waking in the opposite direction that she had.

_____

At the farm Lagertha had built for herself, young Thyra was sitting on the beach, running her hands through the sand. What she hadn't noticed was her mother sneaking up to her wi to a mischievous look on her face.

Ylva smiled, crouching down behind her youngest daughter. She watched as Thyra gasped in surprise when she felt two hands land on her shoulder, only to smile widely when she turned to see it was her mother.

"Mother!" She exclaimed happily and Ylva smiled, hugging her daughter before she placed a kiss on the top of her head, "I told Gyda you'd come to see us but she didn't believe me."

"Mother! You're here!" Erik shouted out excitedly as he ran out of the cabin and in the direction of his mother.

Ylva smiled and stood back up. She extended her arms out, allowing Erik to rush into his mother's arms. She hugged her son tightly, lifting him slightly to spin him.

"Erik! Thyra!" Bjorn suddenly called out enthusiastically as he stepped off the boat, causing both children to turn and smile at the sight of their father, "Where are my children? Erik! Thyra! Come here!"

The two youngest children of Bjorn and Ylva giggled, wasting no time running over to their father. They ran into his arms and Bjorn hugged them tightly. He tried his best to lift them, seeing as though they were much older than they once were.