chapter one

"dad stop!" y/n yells out as he pushes her mom against the wall for the third time that night

"get to your room, y/n. now. your mother and i need to have a talk" he says through gritted teeth as he keeps her mom pressed against the wall.

"n-no! i'm not leaving-" she begins before her dad starts yelling at her.

"GET TO YOUR ROOM!" he shouts, making her run straight for her room, locking herself away from the monster she called her father.

she paces around her room knowing what's going to happen. it happens everyday, her dad gets mad at her mom and then a couple hours later her mom has bruises all over her body.

she hears the yelling and the sounds of things breaking, she knows what's going to happen.

everything goes quiet and she hesitantly makes her way to the door, slowing unlocking it and pulling it open, walking out and-

the cracking of heavy thunder jolts her awake from her reoccurring nightmare that appears at least once a week.

even after all these years that man still finds ways to ruin her life.

he ruined her childhood, he ruined her teenage years and he's still ruining her adult life.

5:28 am the clock reads as she looks over to her bedside table.

without much thought she gets up and makes her way to the shower, knowing she'll feel disgusting if she doesn't wash this sweat off her body. she lets the water reach the hottest it'll get before she hops in and lowers herself to the tiled floor, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her head on top of her knees.

she does this often, sitting in the shower and thinking about her life. what it's come to. how different it is from when she planned it as a 7 year old girl.

she always knew she wanted to help people, whether she was a doctor or a police officer, she always knew.

but then things took a turn and her life was ruined. but she knew her mom would want her to follow her dream no matter what, hence her career.

a profiler for bau of the fbi. it took ages and lots of discrimination, but she did it. and she's so fucking proud of herself.

before she knows it the water starts to get cold, indicating she's been in the shower for a while. before the water turns completely freezing she washes her body and quickly washes her hair before hopping out and pulling her robe around herself.