chapter seven

"hey little rascal, how are you doing? i've been in here for 4 years and 8 months and i miss you like crazy..." you skim over the rest of the letter before throwing it with the others.

you've been sitting on your bed reading over the 354 letters your father has sent you since he's been incarcerated. he sent you one nearly every month for a while until it was every week. you never opened them, just put them away. you couldn't bring yourself to even read the words he'd say to try and save himself or claim his right back as a father.

you've been doing this for hours and your back is starting to stiffen, your eyes are killing you, your head is pounding and you've gotten no where. in none of his letters does he mention a possible friend or even a cell mate who could possibly be this new witness.

the lunch with your granddad was 1 day ago and this new witness has been stuck on your mind right next to you fucking spencer.

it was a mistake and you know that, but ever since that night you can't stop thinking about it, how good he felt, how good he made you feel. you're starting to believe you like him. but that's crazy.

absurd.

you open another letter dated from 13 years go, you were 15...

you once again skim through the whole letter, stopping at one particular sentence, "i hope no boys have broken your heart otherwise i might have to make some calls" he wrote.

before you can think about it anymore your phone rings, as you reach over to answer it your back pops and you let out a satisfied sigh.

"hello?" you ask.

"we have a case sweet cheeks. debriefing starts in an hour, see you soon love!" shouts penelope before hanging up on you.

you quickly get out of bed and get ready, throwing on a pencil skirt with a gray turtle neck. you grab your purse and put the many letters you're still yet to read inside, making sure you zip the compartment closed.

you grab your bags and head out the door, arriving at headquarters with 10 minutes to spare.

before heading to the briefing room you stop in the break room to fill up your coffee cup, spinning around when you hear the door closing, only to see spencer standing there.

"we can't do this" you state, the words affecting you also.

"what do you mean 'we can't do this?' you know, you're acting like it's only my fault, yeah i kissed you but no one told you to kiss back!" he exclaims at you.

"yell it louder why don't you. you're right, i kissed back but i'm not the one who's following you into the break room!" you shout back at him.

"is this what it's like? you yell at every male figure in your life just because of your daddy issues? news flash y/n trying to be dominant or give off that persona doesn't work with every guy you meet" he spits in your face (not literally)

"what the fuck did you just say? you know you got some balls going on about my 'daddy issues' when you've got them too! aren't you the one who accused your father of murder? didnt he leave you? at least mine stuck around a little longer, let alone still keeps in contact with me" you spit back before shoulder checking him on the way out.

you're so frustrated right now you can't even think straight. how dare he bring up your daddy issues when he has them too? what gives him the right? if he wasn't so fucking hot you would've pun-

"what the fuck did i just say?" you whisper to yourself before entering the conference room.

as you take seat your mind drifts to the letters that seem as though they're burning a hole in your bag.

your mind stays focused on the subject of casey brown and his upcoming court case. you told yourself you weren't going to go, hell you even got an avo, but if going means you get to find out who this witness is, then looks like you're going.

"wheels up in 30" hotch says before leaving the room as everyone else does.

you look around helplessly before rossi places a gentle hand on your shoulder, "4 men dead, no apparent connection however they were all found at the same bar. theory is that it's a hate crime against men in general as they're genitals were mutilated" rossi informs you and you give him a grateful smile.

"is everything okay? you've been a bit off for a couple of days" he asks, worry laces his tone.

"yeah just my granddad he's uh- his house might be getting demolished and i'm just worried for him" you lie to him.

you hate this, absolutely hate it. lying is one thing but lying to your family or your team is another.

"if your pops needs some money or even a place to stay, don't hesitate to ask" he offers before patting your back and walking ahead of you to the elevators.

_

"overall i think that's all we're going to get done for tonight. let's head to the hotel, everyone get some rest. we'll meet back her at 8 o'clock tomorrow" hotch says as he and rossi make their way to one of the suvs.

you pick up your purse and the files before joining morgan and emily for a ride to the hotel.

after finally getting your key you shower and help yourself to complimentary snacks as well as sneak in a whiskey shot.

after downing that you pull out the letters and begin reading.

you're about 26 letters deep when one particular paragraph catches your eye, "cat came to visit me today, your eyes are so similar, it's uncanny" you read aloud.

you quickly grab your phone and dial penelopes number, "hello?" she answers.

"garcia i need you to see if there's a cat brown who might be related to casey brown" you tell her.

"uh sure. hey isn't casey brown that guy you got the avo on?" she asks.

damn it, you were hoping she'd forgotten.
"y-yeah he turned out to be some weird... technical guy. i think i might know his daughter though, pretty sure her name is cat" you lie to her, basically sharing your theory.

"huh, it looks like there's a girl named cat adams - that's her mother's last name - however her dads last name is brown but his file is sealed. i can unsea-" she asks.

"no! no it's fine. i just had a feeling he had a daughter and that i knew her, thank you garcia. make sure this stays between us or our girls night is cancelled" you hate blackmailing people but you need her to be quiet about this.

"don't! my mouth is sealed!" and with that she hangs up.

"mother fucker" you whisper.

you're so mad and so many thoughts are spinning around in your head.

your dad cheated on your mom and had another daughter. she must be the witness who's going to testify and get him out.

son of a bitch.
_____________________________________

yeah yuh cat adams! except she isn't targeting our spencie :)