chapter eleven

today was the day of the court case.

you told yourself nearly 2 weeks ago that you weren't going, hell you even got an avo against your dad. but if cat testifies on his behalf and no one testifies against him, he will certainly get out. and no way are you risking that.

your date with spencer was 2 days ago and he left yesterday morning after you guys shared a late breakfast. the... events of the date night will go unmentioned, but you do plan on having a second date, however your relationship or lack off will be kept secret from the team.

the case is in 4 hours and you need to call hotch and let him know you can't come into work.

you get your phone and sit out on your balcony, dialling hotchs number and waiting for him to pick up.

"aaron hotchner" he answers.

"hey hotch, somethings come up with my granddad and he needs my help today - i won't be able to come in today" you lie to him, feeling horrible about it.

"that's fine, thanks for letting me know. and if you or your granddad need any help, don't hesitate to call" he says before you say thank you and hang up.

you head into your room and pick out an outfit, going with simple black slacks paired with a tight v-neck shirt. as you get dressed and begin on some simple makeup, your nerves start to sky rocket and you're starting to rethink going.

'it's for you, mom' you tell yourself as you continue to get ready.

once you're finished getting ready you hop in your car and begin the drive to the court house. once you get there you take some time to sit in the car, preparing yourself. you eventually get out, noticing the case started 4 minutes ago. you walk down the longs halls and stop in front of room 14, pushing the large doors open, ignoring how everyone turned to look at you. once your seated you see your dad and cat looking at you, your dad has a confused but happy smile on his face and cat just gives you a glare, clearly unimpressed that you're here.

your dads lawyer stands up, making her way to stand in front of the judge and the jury, "i'd like to call cat adams to the stand" she announces, crossing her hands in front of her as she waits for cat to make her way up.

she stands in front of the seat holding the bible. as she places her hand on it, she keeps her attention on you the whole time as she repeats the words "i swear by almighty god that the evidence i shall give to the court in this case shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"

you straighten your posture as you keep eye contact, listening closely to the words shared between her and your dads lawyer.

"cat, would you mind explaining your relation with casey brown?" she asks, moving to lean against her side of the table.

cat leans forward, "casey and my mother had an affair 26 years ago. at the time casey had a daughter who was 2" she tells the court.

"is casey's daughter here today? and if so would you mind pointing her out to the rest of us" she says and you prepare yourself for the weird gazes you're about to receive.

"yes, she's in the fourth row wearing a black shirt" she says and everyone's eyes are on you, giving you odd looks.

"you've mentioned before that casey shared critical information about this case the first time you visited him, what was it he talked to you about?" she asks cat.

"he told me that lisa was verbally abusive to him and treated him like he was nothing. he also told me that lisa had threatened multiple times to take away y/n if he continued to hang out with his work friends" cat lies. you're a profiler and it doesn't take much to notice someone's lying gesture they do.