Chapter Twenty Eight - Talk Too Much

I watch as Mrs Ford's eyes snap to mine, the phone held against her ear.

I've been waiting for this phone call all day. Of course red head would report me. Of course.

Mrs Ford mumbles something and then nods, smiling as she hangs up the classroom phone. "Charlotte. The principle is asking for you." She tells me softly, though her eyes harbour a subtle look of disappointment, one I can't help but feel upset by. It wasn't my fault miss, the crazy bitch was asking for it. The crazy bitch started it!

"Is it optional?" I ask her, pulling my lips into a false smile.

"Go Charlotte." I grumble under my breath, stuffing my books into my bag with harshness, aware of all the eyes in the classroom watching me. Why must they watch?

I stand, my chair scaping along the floor as it slides away from me, then I hoist my bag on my shoulder, ready to head out. Only, I'm not the only person that's stood.

"Elijah sit down please." Mrs Ford asks him lazily, not bothering to lift her eyes from the books she's marking.

"Sorry miss, but I'm dying for the toilet, and I don't really fancy soiling myself in the middle of the class." He hardly leaves her time to argue before he's taken a hold of my forearm and is dragging me from the classroom.

I stumble behind him, jaw agape, more than confused. Once we're out of the door, he lets me go and continues to walk, whereas I can't help but stand still. "What are you doing?" I question.

He turns to me, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth, her green eyes swimming with mischief as they so often are. "Going to the principle office together is tradition Osborne. I'm going with you."

I scrunch my face in confusion but begin to walk nonetheless, Elijah beside me. "But this had nothing to do with you. It'll be because of me and that stupid red head bitch." I scowl as the image of her resurfaces in my mind. God I so wish I could've properly punched her.

"Exactly. And God forbid than I let my favourite enemy get suspended for showing a stupid red head bitch how it goes." I tilt my head towards him and can't hold back the smile that comes forward.

"Favourite enemy?" I echo suggestively.

"I can't be ignore you for too long - life's not the same without you threatening me every other sentence. Need to keep you in school Osborne. What's that saying: keep your friends close and your enemies closer?" He continues. My smile grows.

"Oh yeah? How close?" I ask him, the words slipping past my lips before I even have time to register them. I'm absolutely convinced that my cheeks are bright red with embarrassment. He falters and turns to me, perhaps a little to close for comfort. Forget that, I'm very comfortable like this.

"This close?" He suggests, looking down with a grin, while I look up completely shell shocked. I keep my arms stapled to my side, because if I let them lose, I don't doubt they'll be trailing up his chest.

"Um, yeah. Good – this close is good." I stutter out. He rolls his eyes and steps away, proceeding to walk towards the office as I follow, more flustered than I care to admit.

"You're cute when your speechless." He muses, making me scowl. I'm not speechless, I'm just not talking.

But I am cute.

We reach Mr Succett's office and I sigh. Such a familiar place. I used to be here every week and for the past two months, I've steered well clear, only to have my clean streak ruined by some stupid girl who thought it wise to fight me and ruin my really good mood.