chapter one

ava's pov.

2 years. 2 years since i stepped out those doors. 2 years with aila. 2 years since i saw billies face in front of me. 2 years it's been since i decided to walk out and never come back.

but it took me only one day to realize i wish i never did it.

two days for me to cry constantly with aila in bed.

three days for me to try to call, and notice my number was already blocked.

when i left that day, i had no intentions of seeing her again. and for a year i didn't, until last year i saw her on billboards, hearing her voice on radio stations, sold out arenas all around the world.

she was no longer billie o'connell.

she was world international superstar 'Billie Eilish'

she never said anything about me in the case, and she did 90 days apparently, and was on probation. but not for the murder, there was not enough evidence, but for gang affiliation and weapons or some shit. that's what finneas told me.

i still keep in close contact with finneas and claudia, since he still is aila's godfather. he saw aila quite often for awhile when billie wasn't around, and when billie started going on tour, we facetimed whenever she wasn't around. he knew not to push the me and billie situation, he left it be.

finneas helped write and produce all of her songs, and i can say, they are very fucking talented. i never saw this coming though.

it started off with just one song, and then she blew up. she's no longer in her gang or whatever, but jayvin and jah are still her friends. what a shame she smartened up after i left.

aila is still legally her daughter, i've never changed it. i have been thinking about it lately, even though deep down i don't want to, but adryana and marina say it's not right, but i don't get how. they still talk to billie, and honestly it doesn't bother me. they never mention her to me, and they never mention me to her.

even though they never mentioned her, i knew pretty much anything because of the internet. but you know you can't believe everything, i read all these "facts" about her that were completely wrong, i mean i would know.

i didn't think of her until quite recently. like i said, i was an entire mess the first few months, but she never tried to contact me or even ask for aila. she blocked me off everything.

and even if she didn't, i would've had to. i couldn't of moved on if i had to see her face. not like it mattered because she was everywhere within a year.

but she had already moved on. she is with someone knew, some other celebrity sabrina claudio. i'm happy for her.

i had no choice to be.

i was in a relationship, well engaged.

to the one and only, kennedy alvarez.

yes, the one who spied for my mother.

pretty fucking dumb right?

i forgave her for my mother situation or whatever, and we became friends since she doesn't communicate with my mother, and i haven't spoken to her since the day billie was arrested. kennedy honestly isn't a terrible friend, she was really good with aila. it became apparent she had feelings for me after time, but she never acted on it or told me. so i let it be because i didn't fully move on from billie.

but when billie became big and got with that sabrina girl, i was hurt. i didn't show it though, i just decided to mask my feelings with kennedy. oops.