chapter five

ava's pov.

my mother.

god, why?

i escaped her for two years. two whole years. and now she's here?

with kennedy.

i see billies eyes, and they're locked on kennedy.

i know billie too well. she's changed, yes. but when it comes to me?

she could snap back in two seconds.

and she did. her black eyes said it all.

i stand up, and try to collect myself. "what the hell? why are you here? with alina?" i spat at kennedy.

kennedy laughs. "taking what's rightfully mine." she says.

i look at her and my mother confused. "and what would that be?" i said.

my mother smirks at me.

"aila."

what. the fuck.

no.

i laugh. "what? oh my god you sound ridiculous. i'm her mother, i gave BIRTH to her. the only people who have rights to her are me and billie." i said.

billie stands up next to me, and scoffs. "did you not learn last time kennedy?"

kennedy proceeded to take out a paper, and a file.

in bold letters the file says
BILLIE O'CONNELL

kennedy looks up at me and smiles. "i don't think the judge would let two people who have murdered someone before keep their daughter." she says, with a smile.

oh my god.

how does she know this?

oh my god. my world is crashing down.

my whole life i've dealt with so much, and aila gave me a reason to live, to breathe, everything. and kennedy is trying to take that away from me.

billie face reddens. "what the fuck bro how do you even have my fucking files?! they are CONFIDENTIAL." she screams at kennedy.

i want to respond but i can't, i'm frozen.

i just want cry.

i just want to die.

kennedy smirks. "i have someone, thanks to alina." she says, looking back at my mother. "so what's gonna happen is, you two are going to pay me $30,000 dollars a month, or else i will be going to the DA, and telling him about billie being an ex gang member who killed her rival gangs boss, and about you miss ava, killing his little minion that raped you, and aila is the result of it. and aila will be mine."

my mother stands there smirking.

i could not believe what i heard.

this can not be happening. 

before i could think anymore, things went flying.

billie was throwing glass, anything, at my mother and kennedy. 

and i couldn't hold back.

i lunged towards kennedy, and i punched her.

she fell to the ground, and the papers went flying. i went to them, grabbed them, and ripped them up.

i turned to her. "fuck you." i spat, and i spit on her.

billie takes one more glass and chucks it. "i don't give a fuck, take what you want, and leave MY family the fuck alone."