chapter three pt. 1

the first part of this chapter is ava's pov, and the second will be billies.

ava's pov.

i just kept walking and walking around until i found a bench. what is going on? she sang and broke down crying, and then said my name. she still thinks of me? like i thought she was in a whole relationship..

but honestly, my heart was fluttering at it.

i know me and billie have gone through it, we really have. but she protected me in a way no one else has, she was difficult but she showed me love in a way no one else has, i've never felt the way i do about her with anyone else.

so yes, i still love her.

and unfortunately, that would never change.

i just don't think we could ever be together again..it's too much. i've grown, i have a 2 year old now, and i know i never gave her the chance to be around but at the time, she was in a bad spot. the drugs, the gang, all that shit was baggage with her and i was worried about the safety of my child. aila was one week old and i walk into her snorting coke on our coffee table.

if i didn't leave then, who knows what else she would've done?

i feel like i needed to leave her to show her how  to act. to get her life straightened out. and she did.

she's an a-list celebrity now, she's cleaned herself up, no more gang, all of it.

yeah, it sucks she had to lose me to realize that her actions weren't okay, but she learned. so.

but i can't help but feel something still.

and it's unfortunate that now i'm getting married, and still feeling like this. i don't know what to do with kennedy.

and then i get a facetime.

kennedy.

fuck. she must've saw the articles.

i take a deep breath, and i hit accept, to see her fuming on the other side.

"would you like to tell me why MY fiancé is all over every article and every fan account of billies?" she yelled.

i rub my left temple. "i don't know kennedy. adryana told me there was a video of her singing and she started crying and said my name. and then walked out holding a picture of me from when we were together." i say, truthfully. i wasn't trying to fight i just wanted to process this alone.

she scoffs. "a fucking video? this is ridiculous that this girls life is STILL tied up with yours." she screams.

"this isn't my fucking fault! i don't speak to her kennedy. and the only reason she's always brought up is because you never shut the fuck up about her!" i screamed, and then hung up.

i wasn't dealing with her shit already, i haven't even gotten time to think yet.

but i needed to know what happened.

so i called fin.

after two rings, he picks up.

"ava..i'm sorry." he whispers.

i felt bad, this wasn't his fault.

"i'm not upset. i just want to know what happened. please." i say softly.

he clears his throat. "umm..so after you called billie heard obviously, and she started asking about kennedy and the birth certificate and i had to tell about the engagement and you could say she didn't take it well..." he trails off. "and she broke down during the song she wrote about you. and the picture? she just carries it with her." he finishes.