5 | Commotion In The Calm |

MID-noon had ticked by as quickly as before anyone could pay attention to the clock striking twelve. Yet for those who had slept through the entire stretch of the morning, a good night, uninterrupted sleep was never enough to call it a well-spent rest in a brief weekend.

      "Haugh!" The sleep-ridden Nyrhaean yawned, brain still in the process of rousing every lobe in his stubborn skull like the dawdling spur of a shabby computer.

      That idiot was at it again. It had become a custom for the redhead to force his roommates out of bed far earlier with his crackling snores that had become their makeshift alarm with a broken snooze. Like sleeping in a critter's den alongside a Bearhog, which explains one of the bynames he was attributed to. The brunette was already on his desktop, headphones on with his game of Labyrinths and Conquests. Zakuro, on the other hand, was in need of more dire sleep.

      The morning weather was less encouraging. The sky was buried behind an ocean of endless stratus clouds, hindering the citizens from tasting the glee of the solar beacon this summer of the month Nueb. Zakuro was, on the flip side, grateful. Even with a few of the sun's touch penetrating through the clouds, it merely felt more like a tickle.

      Among the effects of the spell permitted his skin a half-pint pass from the Sun's searing touch, compensating him with the consoling burrow of sleep stolen from him long, long ago.

       Peaceful. Free. Relieving. Even those dreamless nights offered utopia.

      This remarkable part of the school's west wing had another distinguished set of hallway floors fabricated with cream marbles reflecting the rippling physique of Zakuro as he walked, as always in an ill-suited manner of arching his back and his hands concealed in his pockets. Winks of subtle lights flashed from the railings on his left. The ivory balustrade framed into a series of twirls and curves with streaks of antique gold and copper already gave Zakuro the satisfaction of going about the day like a child's play with a touch of a neat environment appealing to the eyes.

       From his right spanned the blocks of classrooms divided into areas that were no less spacious than a backyard. The bronze-dyed curtains shrouded the interiors through the glass screens, cyan walls were in uniform wherein white and curving outlines of rocks were apparent across their surfaces.

      Throughout the advancing years that technology had grown in unstoppable progress, along with the pressing need for a more desirable approach to educating children on the vast nature and cautious execution of magic, the environmental aspect of education had also manifested itself to be a proof of the ever-changing world. From the bygone custom of chairs arrayed in lines, the idea of modification into a layout of lengthy, arched chairs and tables rising into a spiral that left a circular space in its center for professors to administer their lessons gave teaching more fruitful resolves than expected without having to mind the amount of space taken and to observe the casting of magic in third dimension.

      From chalkboards and papers to holograph screens, written to speech-to-text mediums, and most importantly, among the greatest inventions humankind has ever conceived was the Enchant Nullifier or ENF. As its name suggests, this evolutionary material lays out a counterforce field to obstruct enchantment influences. In this way, it would be simpler to control students who would dare overstep regulations when it comes to unwarranted spell throwings on the school grounds.

      Zakuro passed by classrooms of considerable sizes behind closed access, turning corners here and there until he came across a particular room having that of two towering doors founded on elm woods reaching three feet away from the ceiling, and a name plaque established on brass written Mahika Capital Library. A grand entrance identical to a castle chamber.

Élan: A Youngblood Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें