2 | Winds And Wills |

THE man stood like an unwavering post against a wave of callous glares. For all he knew, these children were not having it with his words, and naughty boys need to be punished.

       "I have to admit, I've always thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard accounts about 'A group of children playing as the lass's custodians overpowered a batch of well-adept agents.' Could be a befitting title from a weekly article, no?" he said, adjusting his collar.

       "What did you do to her?" Ryeld growled.

       The man scoffed. "I've told you. The girl does not have anything to do with you. Now, I do not wish to exceed this conflict any further, so I shall be taking my leave. Let an old man do about his business there and there. I bid you all a lovely evening." He dismissed with a flick of his wrist.

       "We can't let you do that." The tip of Kayne's sword rested few feet away from the man's shoes, forbidding him any more moves.

       "You better watch whom you're pointing that sword at, lad. It's not hard for me to see you don't do something like this very often." He grinned. Kayne tightened his grip on his sword. "As expected. The stubbornness of youth is but inevitable. I've heard you play your cards quite well. It's engaging yet ridiculous to even think that a few kids could have bested several trained agents. I won't say I am not flattered, but, it does kindle a man's pride and does make him want to test that out, don't you think?"

       "Shut up!" Hiro shouted. "Unless you want to end up burnt to a crisp like your friends, where is she?!"

       The gust whistled a sharp tone. The man sighed. "Now that's not how you talk to your elderlies. It would seem I am left with no choice but to resort to the way that will teach you. You have forced my hand."

       In the following beat, the calming background burst into a bedlam of monstrous squalls, bringing about shrieks howled by maelstrom winds. The wave struck the boys with its potent force. Their arms lifted to shield against the flurry, deafening their ears and piercing into their skins as the freezing pressure poured down on them.

       Hiro incited a flame around his arm. He ran, jumping once again at the enemy. The foe waved his hand, driving Hiro to a bush. Followed by electric ripples, another facile gesture dissipated the assault from Ryeld as if the energy was no more than a vapor dissolving in the wind's touch. A storm of breeze darted towards him, knocking him about.

       "Your combined strengths are no match for my Wind!" the man hollered over the cacophony. Raising both arms, the currents obeyed, harnessing all the zephyr as the four resisted the fierce drafts. The breeze wildly flowed until the enemy built around himself a colossal tornado. "Now prove to me you are who they say you are."

       He launched funnels of strong winds, only to be dodged by the boy, sidestepping effortlessly proving he is no stranger to the toils of a battlefield. A horde of blades went whooshing to the enemy from behind, colliding against the swirling sphere of rapid winds, yet dropping in jingles. He turned around to Kayne bolting forth, a sword at hand and shield at the other, outlasting the furious gust blowing every step.

       "Not even your rusty swords can inflict a pore, Blademaster."

       The brunette bent on one knee, fastening himself to the bulky shield. His hair jittered as he withstood, enduring, adding more to the rough grinding cold while he quivered and panted winter-like mists.

       Unsuspecting, a surge of flames disgorged toward the enemy's defense, followed by a roaring blast of electric waves; Hiro and Ryeld expended their powers from opposite directions, commencing two forces against one that evaporated at the tornado's walls.