Grand Prix

The next few days were of Amelia trying to figure out how to regain her memories without drinking. Throughout those days Amelia was packing for Pairs. 

Amelia ha landed later than Beth since Amelia got a later flight she needed to mentally prepare herself to be around Beth. Which she hasn't done since the day after Mich's death.  

Amelia loved Pairs it was quite fancy for Amelia but even that Amelia loved it. Amelia and Beth had gone shopping a lot in Pairs. Beth loved all the clothes and would buy them while Amelia only watched from afar. 

Beth had been interviewed with other chess players in Pairs. Amelia wrote down the interview questions that reporters asked other players but she mainly focused on Beth. Amelia could see the tension between Borgov and Beth well mostly Beth but Amelia wrote that small detail down. 

People sometimes came up to Beth for an autograph. The first time it happened Amelia was shocked and surprises but later on laughed because of how famous her sister had gotten. 

Beth mostly practiced and revised her matches. On the second to last day, Cleo had invited Beth and Amelia to go down to drink. Amelia of course went down while Beth was shocked that she knew Cleo but didn't comment. Beth stayed in the room for a while till she caved in and went down to have a drink with Cleo and Amelia. 

They all chatted away the whole night. Mostly Chess or about moving to pairs Amelia zoned out looking at her drink. Amelia had gotten wine but didn't take of sip out of it. She zoned back when Benny's name was mentioned. 

"I make it easier for you did you. Did you like to fuck Benny?" Cleo said. Beth responded after taking a sip from her drink "Sometimes." 

"How romantic and have you ever been in love?" Cleo responded and scoffed. Amelia was just listening in even though she knew they slept together it still hurt her. As Cleo said the last thing Amelia turned her whole body now to have her full attention to the conversation. 

Amelia herself didn't know this answer she and Beth haven't really talked much about love or stuff like that. 

"Not with Benny," Beth said.

"Of course not, no women can compete with Benny's love for himself," Once Cleo said that she turned to Amelia and said, "Except you." Amelia just raised her eyebrows she was completely shocked that she knew that something was going on between her and Benny. 

Amelia was sure she hadn't told anyone unless Benny had told her. Amelia resulted in that Benny must have told Cleo. Beth just looked at the exchange between Cleo and Amelia. Beth didn't comment anything since Amelia and Beth haven't talked about Benny since the dinner. 

Amelia heard the last few words of Beth and Cleo before they went to go sit with the guys they were talking about at the beginning of the conversation. Amelia wasn't interested so she decided to go back to the hotel room. 

The Next day

Beth was late to her own match. Amelia was sitting there waiting for Beth to come in until she did. Beth quickly apologizes to Borgov and the game started. Amelia's first initial thought was that this was going to end well. 

Beth had drunk so much water and she looked stress and tired. Amelia didn't know at what time she went to her room but it seemed very late since Beth was not herself. 

The match was intense Beth was sweating while Borgov was the same stoic expression. At the end of the match Beth had resigned and she left the room. Amelia had learned to give Beth space. 

The next time Amelia saw Beth was on the plane ride back. During the plane ride back Amelia had gotten up to use the bathroom once she came back she heard Beth talking to Benny. It was short since the plane took off right after she ended it.