Chapter Four

It was a short drive to the school and as she climbed out she failed to notice the unconscious body on the floor and the broken jeep. Climbing up the stairs to the halls of the school, she pulled open the door stepping inside. "Scott?" She called out walking forward, "Scott, you here?" She asked again.

But the only response was a cruel growl.

Feeling a breath on the back of her neck, her own air fled from her lungs but got caught in her throat not winning the battle against the barricade that stood there. Closing her eyes she slowly turned around only to come face to face with a snarling red eyed beast.

It's breath revolted her senses bringing a new nausea to her as it swiped out it's claws. Ducking beneath it, she winced in pain as it's claws caught her arm. Throwing her keys into the beasts eyes she felt some satisfaction upon hearing it's roar of pain before she kicked her leg out to push it back. It made no impact.

The beast leapt forward swinging it's claws out again and she brought her leg up for a second time kicking it away although it's claws managed to Nick her skin, but like with her arms she ignored the sting which came after. She just hoped she wouldn't have an infection and that this was all some sick dream.

The beasts head and it roared with a new fury leaping on top of her. Falling to the ground her heart began to pound faster than it ever did before as she tried to crawl away but it dug it's claws into her skin trapping her below it.

Losing hope, she squinted her eyes shut shaking her head as tears streamed down her face, "no, no, no, no, please," she cried, "please no," she added on with a whisper. As there was only the sound of sniffing, she peaked open one eye to see him sniffing at her stomach before it pressed its ears to it. It glanced back up into her eyes and if she was crazy she would say that it was smirking. After doing that, it left.

As the beast ran off, she released a breath of relief allowing her head to fall back against the ground. Tears now stained her eyes and she could feel a mix of bile and spit stuck in her throat from the terror she'd used to freeze it. Taking a few moments, the nausea began to overwhelm her again and she was forced to push herself up rolling over to empty the contents of her stomach.

The cuts on her arms and legs were enough to bring such pain that she was positive she was going to pass out although she was praying that she would never do that. Releasing a chug of fear from her throat, she weakly pushed herself to her feet stumbling forward.

Bringing her hand up to her ear, she began to fiddle with her earring as she tried to figure out which direction she was supposed to go into. Turning back to the door, she forced it back open and ended up fumbling down the steps. It was like she wanted to cry but couldn't find the energy in her throat to do so.

Grabbing onto her phone, she dialled in Scott's number before pressing it to her ear. It went straight to voicemail. "Scott?" She asked, "could you just... are you okay? What's happening? Why... why are you at the school? What was that thing..." she was cut off by her own scream as a hand grabbed onto her ankle. Dropping her phone she kicked at the hand and as they let her go she stumbled backwards to put distance between herself and those in front of her.

It was Derek Hale.

It wasn't just Derek though, it was a beaten and bloodied Derek who was lying on the ground with his hand clutched at his chest as if he was trying to nurse at the wounds. Her hand flew to her mouth at the sight of him, "oh god," she cried out and he pushed himself to his knees trying to get up.

"Hayley," he grit out each word bringing him pain, "I need you to get me out of here," he added on each word a strain on his entire being. He pushed his keys towards her and she stared at them not knowing whether she should do it or not. He could have been a murderer. Glancing between the school and him she couldn't make up her mind. "Hayley, if you don't...I will die."