Chapter Twelve

Scaling the shelves of the store, her eyes tried to find any sign of food that she actually wanted. On the one hand, she was experiencing a particularly bad day for nausea, but on the other hand she'd been craving something except she couldn't put her fingers on what she was craving.

"Oh, hey Hayley," a voice called out and she turned her head slightly to see Stiles stood beside her. He was staring at something on his hand as if it was disgusting. "Have you seen this?" He asked holding it up, and she raised her brow confused.

"What is it?" She asked noticing the substance on his hand. Grabbing onto it, she pressed her thumb into it bringing it up to her nose to smell it, "it doesn't smell like anything..." she mused, "what are you doing here?"

"That geezer's fixing my jeep. I came for lights and now I'm going with $1500 fix," he sighed and a smirk formed on her face as she glanced at him. She leaned in slightly lowering her head enough so that she was almost eye level with him.

"You should go to the one down the road from Scott, she knows not to mess with stuff that doesn't need to be messed with," Stiles groaned out of annoyance. He wished he knew that before he'd come to this one.

"What are you doing here anyway?" He asked pulling out his phone and feeling her hands go funny she lifted them up in front of her face confused.

"Oh, I was craving something...don't know what, but something..." she trailed off and the numbing feeling began to creep up into her arms. "Maybe it was something like chocolate or maybe pringles... oh... I kind of want a McDonalds..."

He stared at her confused, "you're not going to get a McDonalds from here," he said and she turned to glare at him when he dropped his phone. "I can't... I can't feel my hands," he said and then her entire body went paralysed and she fell down onto the floor.

"I can't feel my body," she muttered and Stiles was quick to follow. His head fell down next to the door and Hayley tried to look up to spot him, "what's happening? Why... what is it?"

"Oh my god it has a tail!"

"What?" She asked, "what has a tail, what's happening?"

Hearing screaming from the room beside them, she tried all she could to see what was happening but she couldn't. "W-what was that..." she asked her voice a broken whisper. Panic filled her being and the stress of not being able to move her body was becoming unbearable. "S-Stiles?"

"He's dead."

"What?"

And then Stiles went silent out of fear. For staring back at him out of the glass was a pair of yellow eyes surrounded by a cohort of green scales. "Stiles?" She repeated.

"I don't know."

Staring at Derek, she crossed her arms revelling in the sensation of actually having control over her body. She'd been explaining what had happened and what Stiles had seen. Once gaining control over herself and Stiles had managed to get his own body back they quickly went out to see the damage which had been done. The engineer had been murdered and squished under his own equipment. It truly did look like an accident.

"I'm telling you, it had a tail." She hissed. Her mind was fogged over with panic which almost matched hysteria, but she'd managed to console herself enough to prevent it from getting to that point. Isaac was sat on the sofa looking between them confused. Since he'd been broken out from prison he'd been living with the pair and Derek had been regularly training him.

"Are you sure you were actually thinking straight?"

"No. I wasn't thinking straight," she snapped her eyes narrowing, "do you want to know why I wasn't thinking straight?! Because some sick supernatural stupidity had me paralysed for an hour!" She shouted throwing her arm out to make her point.