-01-

Chapter 1
First Year: Letters and Diagon Ally
----------------

Chapter 1First Year: Letters and Diagon Ally----------------

July 31st, 1991, Potter Manor

On July 31st, 1991, Harry James Potter was racing around his house. Ordering house elves to get things done while yelling at his parents to get up out of bed. This commotion was heard from the smallest room in the manor, one, Caroline Dorea Potters room. For on this day was the twins birthday, and the day they would be getting their Hogwarts letters.

Harry Potter was a fit young child, always running around or flying in the yard on his broom. He was popular and everyone wanted to be his friend, for he was the boy-who-lived. Harry had short brown hair with bright green eyes, he wore glasses and always had some form of red/gold on him.

His twin, Caroline Dorea Potter on the other hand was different, she had bright red hair like her mother, along with her mother's bright green eyes. She was shorter than most girls her age and always wore dull colours, barely anyone knew who she was and if they did they forgot. Her parents hadn't talked to her in years and her best friend was a house elf named Chion.

Their father was James Charles Potter, an influential man that loved his son and wife, along with quidditch. He had shaggy brown hair with black eyes, always wearing basic clothing. He works as the head Auror, and is often found spoiling his son.

The mother of this family was Lily Rose Potter née Evens, a muggleborn witch. She has red hair and green eyes, much like her children. She's a charms assistant at Hogwarts and is often found baking or hanging out with her friends and family.

Eating breakfast at the table, Harry quickly ate his fill and dashed over to the presents, shacking some and guessing what's in what while waiting for his parents to finish their food. After opening his sixth present an owl flew threw an open window, dropping two letters onto the table before flying back out.

"That must be your letter Harry" called James from the living room, "let's see then"

Ripping open the letter Harry took a deep breath before reading the letter aloud;

'Mr H. Potter
The fifth room
Potter Manor
Caithness
Scotland

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, first class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwumps, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress'

He run over to his mother who was looking at the other letter in her hand, "Mother, can we go get all my stuff now?" He asked, snapping Lily out of her trance.