-09-

Chapter 9
First Year: holidays and secrets
————————————————

Chapter 9First Year: holidays and secrets————————————————

October 31st, 1991, Great Hall

It didn't take long until the entire hall was in disarray, screaming about like headless chickens. It was only when Dumbledore had shot several purple flares from his wand that people stopped the noise, after all, it wasn't everyday that a troll got into Hogwarts.

"prefects' he began, 'lead your Houses back to your dormitories immediately!"

everyone began to move, and by the time all the Gryffindor's were out, pushing through people, Gemma called out, wand by her throat and a Hufflepuff boy by her side, he had a prefect badge on his robe.

"Slytherin and Hufflepuff's!' she called out, most teachers gone now 'do not leave this hall until professor sprout comes back, until then please continue the feast!"

everyone looked around them, unknowing why they had been told to stay in the hall but obediently obliged no matter any differences the houses had.

"Heiress Potter? Are you okay, you're looking a little pale" A voice spoke out from behind the aforementioned young girl, turning swiftly towards the voice Caroline spotted a young girl her age, although smaller than her.

It was Alysa Hazel-walden

"Ah Miss Hazel-Walden, yes I'm fine, although slightly put off" Caroline said, standing straight with Theodore at her side.

"That's understandable, it's not everyday that a troll gets into Hogwarts" The smaller girl smiled up at her, laughing this off as if a giant joke,

"Yes, not everyday this happens..."

————

In the end, nobody really knew what happened, some say that Dumbledore defeated the troll, others say it was Harry and Ron.

But now, it was time for all those who desired to, to go home for Yule break. Caroline herself was all packed and ready to leave, arm linked with Viola as the walked down the halls towards the front of the Castle.

"Ah Caroline dear, I sure am going to miss you" Viola whined, clinging further to the girl. Earning a small little smile from the Potter heiress

"Yes i'm sure i'll miss you as well Viola, although i do wish we could spend Yule together" The young redhead said mournfully, she had become very close with the Richmond girl.

They continued until stopping just before turning a corner, both girls instincts telling the not to go on, they glanced at each other, knowing what the other was feeling.

The fear stopped as they heard a voice, the voice of Headmaster Dumbledore. His voice was silent, as if he was trying to whisper and he didn't know how to.

"James-' Caroline's hand twitched, 'I do not see why Harry should not have the cloak yet, he is after all your son"

cloak?

"Professor-' and there was her fathers voice, only confirming this meeting, 'I would love to give my own son, my child in blood and bone the Invisibility cloak. but it will not accept the second born child, only that stupid girl"

She could her the snarl wishing to rip itself out of her fathers throat. Viola had somehow gotten even stiller, this was not a conversation she should hear.

"Is that so? But it accepted you after all, surely you could do something as it's Master?"

"Yes it did because I was Fathers only child, I have two, twins at that and unless Harry somehow ends up defeating Caroline in a fair duel, he cannot successfully become heir and inherit the cloak"

"But-"

"That is enough Dumbledore, now if you'll excuse me I have a wife and child to greet after work tonight"

Footsteps were heard descending in the other direction, and a quiet sigh was filled next with more steps.

It wasn't until both were gone that Caroline dare move, pulling Viola along to the Train.

Once in an empty compartment she pulled the curtains closed and locked the door.

"Your father has an invisibility cloak that chooses its master?" Was the first thing out of Viola's mouth, eyes wide and shocked, after all invisibility cloaks usually only last up to five years.

Caroline couldn't respond, she hadn't known of her fathers cloak, suspected sure, but actually known? Completely new information to the Potter heiress.

"No, I hadn't know Viola, not at all"

————

By the time both girls had reached the train, and their claimed compartment to join their friends, the topic was dropped completely.

Inside the compartment sat Blaise, Theo and Draco, sitting as young heir's should. Until Viola entered and all that training went down the drain.

"Draco stop being so stiff, you'll corrupt little ol' me" She groaned out once opening the door, slouching down next to Blaise and opposite Draco.

"What- i'm offended Viola"

"You should be Dray"

Caroline couldn't wait to be home, although she knew she wouldn't miss these moments for the world.

"Viola stop bothering Draco, now Theo what book was it you wanted to recommend?"

"Oh- 'Dungeons, Flopards and the cycles'"

Yes she would miss this.