-04-

Chapter 4
First Year: Loyalty of the Potters
————————————————

Chapter 4First Year: Loyalty of the Potters————————————————

September 2st, 1991, Slytherin Dormitory

Caroline awoke the next morning feeling more content than ever, she was in a comfortable sized bed in the most gorgeous room and she didn't have to attend breakfast at six, thirty in the morning because of her relatives. She took pleasure in sleeping that extra hour.

Eventually she did rise from her bed, opting to have a shower before heading down to the great hall for breakfast with her housemates. Slipping into her new green toned school robes, Caroline grabbed her wand before walking out to the common rooms to meet the other first years.

She met with Blaise and Viola, greeting the both of them before they all headed towards the hall, barely making it to the Slytherin table before a confrontation with someone - more specifically, her brother.

"Sister" he called out, getting the three Slytherins to stop and turn to face him. Harry stood in his Gryffindor robes with his tie undone and wand in hand. Next to him was Ronald, and on his other side was Neville Longbottom.

"Brother, how may i help you?" Caroline answered back, head held high and wand tucked in her sleeve. The other two - Blaise and Viola - took a nonverbal hint and stepped back a step.

"Well for one, you can get resorted, come now we'll go straight to Dumbledore" he said, making a move to grab her before somebody's arm was in between the two siblings. Looking up she noticed it was Adrian.

"Potter, I don't believe a resorting necessary, the hat doesn't make mistakes" His voice was steady, and if anything it only encouraged Harry more, he after all couldn't have his sister - his own blood - in the snake pit. What if she turned evil?

"And who do you think you are? Self righteous git" the last part was said lowly but everyone in the vicinity heard it, it was Ronald Weasley after all.

"Now now Weasley, you mustn't get upset, your face might just become as read as your hair" Viola joined in, not knowing that just around the corner three figures walked towards the hall - where they were.

"Why - you!" before Ron, harry or anyone could do something, Dumbledore rounded the corner, with James and Lily on his tail.

"Hm, Harry my boy, what's all this about" inquired the headmaster, eyes twinkling whist he looked at the six children plus Adrian standing there with Ron a few shades brighter than he should be.

Whipping around everyone came face-to-face with one another, allowing the adults to see Caroline in her fully. Green robes and all. Lily couldn't believe her eyes, her child looked much like herself as a child, bright red hair and gorgeous green. eyes, but she couldn't help but feel envious of her daughter. Her hair was tightly placed in a braid around her shoulders, and her green emerald eyes reflected off the light enough that they looked like they were glowing, and her slytherin green robes went perfectly to complement her natural beauty.

James held his breath for a second, remembering who this was, but he couldn't get over the fact that his child - a potter - was wearing green, slytherin green at that. It was preposterous. Unthinkable even.

"Headmaster! Well i was just suggesting that Caroline come get a resort, after all the hat must have sorted her wrong" Harry sounded concerned for her, although most didn't believe it, the comment itself was just wrong. After all, how could the thousand year old, wise sorting hat be wrong?

"Ah yes, Miss Potters sorting, I myself was concerned, that's why i've invited young James and Lily here" Dumbledore said, a more condescending tone with that twinkle in his half-moon glasses. "Well if we wish for a resorting then we must get going, young boys, miss Richmond, you're welcome to head into the hall now"

He didn't give them a chance to respond before he was pushing the oldest Potters towards his office again, leaving a bright Harry to skip after him.

Caroline didn't follow them.

——————————*

By the time that the family of 3 and Dumbledore reached the griffin that lead into the headmasters office, they had just noticed that Caroline wasn't following them,

"My? Where is young Caroline?" Dumbledore inquired, tapping his chin in thought. He liked to think he knew when she left, however he really hoped she just hadn't - not followed them at all, she was starting to become trouble, and the last time someone became trouble to him - well, they became a dark lord.

"Ugh that child" James whispered, however everyone in the vicinity along with the portraits on the walls heard him, "Don't you worry about her Professor, we'll get that resorting for her"

"James.. I believe that if.. Caroline was chosen for Slytherin, we should support her, not let her into the dark as the other Slytherins are!" Lily said, lighting up like it was the best idea she's ever had.

Harry just ignored his parents, looking around the office, they had walked up whist they were all chatting about his sister, he didn't even know his sister! And why did they even need her? They had him - the-boy-who-lived and all that. He was the pride of his family since his great-great uncle who invented some hair potion! Who even needed a hair potion!

If only she had just stayed up in her room, or even have been a squib like Dumbledore thought she would be when she was a child, then she wouldn't have come to Hogwarts or gotten her letter and he -the-boy-who-lived would still be the only thing his mother cared about.

But no! she had to grab HIS parents attention, and then she got into Slytherin after everything. He only suggested she be resorted so his parents didn't focus on her, and if she was resorted then he would be her saviour from those slimy snakes.

Caroline Potter, Harry Potter's twin sister, the attention seeking Slytherin who didn't even belong there, the shame of the Potter family and practically a squib who shouldn't even have magic, it was a taint to their family. Harry Potter despised his younger twin sister.

—————

Back with Caroline, she sat at the Slytherin table with Adrian, Blaise and Viola, as they - the three - retold what happened to Gemma and Theodore.

"They can't actually get you resorted if Hogwarts herself doesn't agree, because the hat only listens to her and sorts people on September 1st" Gemma stated, "it's impossible for him to resort you without those and if it did happen then he would be using Hogwarts magic which only is available to the headmaster to protect the students and those who dwell here"

"From what i know, the last resort was over 200 years ago, a young witch named Martha or something, descended from the Abbott family when she was originally sorted into Hufflepuff, she became a Slytherin after her resort." A familiar voice said, looking to her left she watched Draco Malfoy take a seat next to her.

"Wait she wasn't originally Slytherin? Didn't she marry into the Slughorn family, great grandmother to the potion extraordinaire Horace Slughorn" Blaise asked, reaching for a goblet of water. From what Caroline had learned Blaises original father was an extraordinary potion master from Japan and it was the only thing that he liked about the man.

She hadn't even known that Professor Snape was coming around with the timetables until he reached their funky group,

"Miss Richmond, Mr. Malfoy, Mr Zabini, Mr Nott, and.. Miss.. Potter. Your schedules" Sparing a last glance towards the group, he flourished his cloak and walked down towards the next people.

"Hm, Snape doesn't like you Caroline" Viola whispered out beneath her sheet of parchment, "We've got History of Magic, Transfigurations and Charms today"

"Uncle Severus doesn't like any Potter, don't be bothered by it" Draco said, now apparently apart of their little squad, "we've got potions first on Wednesday, damn"

Nodding her head, Caroline looked up towards the enchanted roof, a small smile on her face, she was so happy right now that she didn't notice the pair of blue eyes looking her way.