Chapter 1: Motivation

Simynor statement caught their interest this was a lifetime offer.

"It seems like I caught your interest, then perhaps~ I should show you something to motivate you"

The lights dimmed the curtains falls revealing a large screen. A video played tension rosed as if they were at the scene.

"Horikita. I'll give ya one last chance."

"Huh? who is this?"

"Ryueen?"

"It doesn't sound like Ryueen though"

"Last chance?"

"...Last?"

"If you submit to me right here, right now, an' fork over the points─ I'll let Ayanokōji live."

"Ayanokouji's gonna die!?"

"Impossible"

"He's bluffing"

'It won't happen right?' Ichinose, Hiyori, and Horikita thought

With that, Hōsen stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled something out. It had gotten fairly dark outside, so for a moment it was hard to tell what exactly it was, but once he unveiled its pointed edge, a silver shine glimmered in the moonlight.

"kukuku, Hosen huh?" Ryueen chuckled 

"Do you know him Ryueen-san?"

"No, I never met him but I've heard a lot about him. A guy named 'Hōsen' was a bit of a local celebrity back where I'm from. I certainly never thought he'd have such a retarded lookin' face, though."

"W-what are you, that...!?"

"Somethin' wrong with your eyes? It's a knife, plain an' simple!"

"oh no"

"He's gonna kill someone with people watching!"

"How cruel"

From the way the blade sparkled, it was clearly different from one of those retractable toy blades that were often used for party tricks and the like.

"If you turn me down again, I'll stab Ayanokōji with this."

"Stop fooling around!"

"I ain't fuckin' with you, tho? I'll gladly stab this punk if it means gettin' my hands on the points."

"Oh~ humans really have it rough," Simynor said enjoying the situation

Wielding the knife in his right hand, Hōsen slowly turned to face me.

"Still, even after all this I still can't wrap my damn head around it. What makes a punk like you so fuckin' special?"

"He's not"

'Kukuku even if you think you're strong I don't think you can defeat a monster like him'

'Fufufu, How foolish even knowing that you're still going in for your plan. but I wonder what he will do'

'Could it be that Ayanokouji is hiding something?'

With his eyes locked on mine, Hōsen spoke, his voice laced with exasperation.

"Fuck it, maybe I didn't even need to go an' do all this risky shit in the first place!"

From the way he was talking, it seemed like the ridiculous chain of events that he had orchestrated so far had all been done because he was wary of something. Expecting something.