nana {七}

Shinji walked to his squad's meeting room with a spring in his step. The air felt clearer and the weight in his chest had been lifted.

"Alright, men, line up!" he called as he entered the room.

His squad lined up in formation and he stood before them.

"As ya probably know by now, Fukutaicho Aizen has been sent to the Living World on a mission. That means it's just gonna be me leadin' ya until he returns. So try not to need me too much." He grinned. "That being said, numbers of Menos have stumbled their way into the Living World, so we can only assume the threat will reach Seireitei shortly. We must be ever vigilant and keep a watchful eye on our designated areas. I'd like ya to increase yer daily trainin' and prepare yerselves for any and all future conflicts. We don't know what they're planning, but hopefully Aizen will find information to point us in the right direction."

"Yes, Taicho!" shouted the squad.

"Second order of business, Aizen recently moved his girlfriend, Suzuki Ayame, into the barracks. I'm taking on the personal duty of trainin' her in the hopes she decides to become a Shinigami. If ya see her, yer to treat her with the utmost respect, as if she were one of yer brothers-in-arms. If I hear that any of ya have been treatin' her in way less than favorable, yer gonna be doing my paperwork for a week. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Taicho!"

"Good, now go about yer business. Meetin' dismissed."

The squad members broke formation and wandered out of the room.

"You seem to be doing better than yesterday," Yoruichi said, coming in the room.

"Ah, Yoruichi-san!" Shinji exclaimed. "How ya doin'?"

"I'm well, as always. What changed?"

Shinji looked around to make sure no stragglers were left. "She came to my room this morning, early, after Aizen left."

"Oh?" Yoruichi smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothin' crazy happened. We sat and talked. She asked a lot about you and Urahara."

Yoruichi laughed. "I guess that's to be expected."

"We caught up, though. I think I might have a chance yet." Shinji guided Yoruichi into his adjoining office.

"What makes you say that?" Yoruichi asked, crossing her arms and Shinji sat behind his desk.

"She doesn't love him. She even laughed when I asked."

Yoruichi grinned. "Good. What's your plan?"

"I think I'm gonna wing it, but I agreed to train her in my free time." Shinji pulled a document off his large stack of paperwork.

"She has abilities?"

"Would ya believe me if I told ya she was better than me when we were kids?"

"Good. We could always use more women in our ranks."

Shinji grinned. "If I have my way with her, she'll be entering The Academy before Aizen returns. A nice little welcome home surprise for 'im."

"I like where your head is, Shinji," Yoruichi laughed. "Don't get too ahead of yourself though. You are still a captain, and you shouldn't slight the man at your right hand."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

"I'll let you catch up on your paperwork. I have a meeting with Ginrei."

Shinji smirked. "Don't play too hard with that little Byakuya. Who knows what'll happen if he snaps."

Yoruichi winked before shunpo-ing away.

dreamland ;; hirako shinjiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara