the wedding

"Finally!" Alice was at the door and pushing Edward out of the way in a second

"Finally!" Alice was at the door and pushing Edward out of the way in a second. "You were supposed to be here an hour ago." She glared up at Juliet.

"I slept in, I'm sorry!" Juliet stepped inside, garment bag in hand. "And it takes a while to drive here from the reservation, you know."

"Well come on." Alice took her arm and began pulling her upstairs. "Rose will have to do your hair if I'm gonna get you done in time. I still have Bella to work on, too!"

"Is she even here?" Juliet raised her eyebrows, and the light hiss that came from Alice answered her question.

"You Swans have the worst time management." Alice shoved open her bedroom door, where all of Bella's things were already ready. They didn't stop though, and were soon entering the private bathroom attached to her room. Rosalie was already waiting, sitting on the counter and examining her fresh manicure. "Now hurry up and put the dress on."

——————

"Are you sure you don't want something more?" Rosalie asked again as she and Juliet ducked out of Alice's room. Bella had finally arrived, so Alice was back on the warpath to get her ready. "I don't mind-"

"Rose, I'm fine." Juliet chuckled, stopping to look in a mirror. She wanted to feel confident, but standing next to Rosalie, it was nearly impossible. "I think you did a great job, I want something that's easy to undo after I get home." Rosalie chuckled. "What?"

"Don't you mean easy for Leah to undo?" Rosalie teased, and Juliet blushed deeply-which only made Rosalie laugh more.

"Rosalie!" Juliet couldn't help but snicker as well as she turned to Rosalie. While looking at Rosalie still managed to take her breath away, she'd gotten used to it. "Since when do you say her name, anyway?"

"I'm making an effort, okay?" Juliet raised her eyebrows. "We're family now, Juliet. And I only make an effort for my family-plus I know how much it bothers you." Juliet was a little taken back. Rosalie had definitely warmed up to her, but she never expected her to be this warm. That was Alice's job.

"Thanks, Rose." Rosalie smiled lightly.

"Oh, the boys are back." Rosalie looked towards the door, and not a second later, Emmett, Jasper and Edward came through. Esme left the kitchen to greet them, and Rosalie wandered back over to the window. Juliet followed her, looking down at where the wedding would be taking place. The backyard had been completely transformed, perfectly to Alice's exact instruction. It was beautiful. "Alice really outdid herself, not even Emmett and I's last wedding looked this nice."

"How many times have you guys gotten married anyway?" Juliet raised her eyebrows.

"Five." Rosalie looked wistfully out at the ceremony area. "Not nearly enough." She mumbled, which made Juliet chuckle lightly.