one year of like you do

well, here we are folks, we've made it. if i remember to post this on the right day, then it's march 27, 2022-aka, the one year anniversary of like you do's completion!

it's honestly crazy to sit and think about this book for any amount of time. i wrote it (roughly 60k words) in just a little over a month during a twilight hyperfixation in early 2021. i didn't really think anything would come from it. in all honesty, i was just kinda using it as a way to get back into writing. and uh,,, geez,,,

in the past year, like you do has gotten 250k reads and nearly 10k votes. that's absolutely fucking insane!!! i wanna thank you all so so so much. i don't know how exactly to express my thanks, but please know that it all means the fucking world to me.

and it's all because of you! everyone who read it as it was published, or binged it all afterwards, you're the reason this anniversary is so so special. i can't believe how far this story has gone in only a year, it's truly mind boggling.

250k reads is really something else, a number i really can't wrap my head around. i've been writing fics for eight years this month (holy fucking shit i'm getting old) and this is by far the biggest story i've ever had.

so thank you, again, for making like you do so special. thank you to the people who comments on every chapter, to the people who read the whole then go back and spam vote on every chapter, to the people who keep accidentally adding it to the wrong reading list so i get like 10 notifications of you adding the story to different lists until you find the twilight one.

thank you to the people who've been around from the beginning, to the people who waited every day for the new update to come out. thank you to the people who only discovered this fic today, to the people who binge read it in the four and half hours wattpad says it takes to read. thank you to anyone and everyone reading these words.

as i enter my 20s i've been thinking about how long i'll be writing fics for. this month marks eight years-and is also the eight year anniversary of my best internet friend who i still haven't met in person yet. and honestly, this fic showed me a love for writing again that i'd lost after leaving high school.

despite not publishing anything new here recently, i've been hard at work on a few things. screenplays, mostly horror, but i want to come back here soon too. suggestions are always welcome, of course, but i'm hoping my summer will provide natural inspiration.

i'll be spending may-october living and working in yellowstone national park (with the aforementioned internet friend, we're finally meeting!) i'm not sure exactly how much time i'll have to hunker down and get some writing done, but i already know being in such a beautiful place, i'm bound to be inspired pretty frequently.

anyway, i'll stop rambling. just thanks, so much, again. i hope to see at least some of you soon, whenever my next book comes out.

thank you. i love you.
💛