Chapter 4

"I don't think you should take so much stress. These late night concerts are taking a toll on you.", the doctor says.
Sidharth sits in front of him in his cabin,"I am ultimately going to lose it. So just living every moment to the fullest."

"I get it Sidharth but why don't you understand, the condition is worsening because of that. You know we are yet to find a right cure for this."
Sidharth nods his head, not getting into some arguments. He knows the Doctor is right. However, how can he win over his heart? He just can't.

Sidharth's car stops at the traffic. He is still thinking about what the doctor had said. A knock on the glass brings him back to the present. Sidharth finds a young girl in a dirty dress trying to peep from outside. He rolls down his  window and the girl gives him the most beautiful and sincere smile. Beside him is a boy who is younger to him.

"Bhaiya please buy one rose. Just 20 bucks only." , the girl holding a bouquet of roses says.
Sidharth smiles back at her, "What is your name? And who is this with you?"
"Shanti, I am Shanti and this is my brother Basant. Please bhaiya take one rose.", the girl says.

"How much is the entire bouquet?", he asks
"Hmm..I have 12 roses, one costs 20 bucks..then it will be hmm..240 rupees. Will you buy all of them?"
"Yes.", Sidharth takes out a 500 rupees note and gives it to the girl and takes the bouquet of red roses.

"Bhaiya I don't have change. Are you the singer Sid? Yes. Look Basu, he is Sid. Hari, Golu, Roli, Punni, Bihari, look the rockstar..", the girl calls her friends. 
Soon the car gets surrounded by children between the age group of 5 to 12 years. They press their face on the glass of the window, in an attempt to see inside.

Sidharth takes the children to a nearby restaurant. As he pays and the children eat, the cashier says,"Sir, you are just like your father. I have seen him many times talking to children from the street and feeding them."
Sidharth looks at children and says,"No. I am nothing like my father. He was a great man. I am simply trying to become a little like him. But I know it is quite impossible."

"Everything is done. Caterer will be here by 5 today. Sid? Are you listening?", Sumitra Devi asks.
"Sid?", she gives him a shake when he does not respond.
"Hun?"
"Where are you lost? What are you thinking?"

Sidharth stares at her for a few seconds and smiles, "Nothing. Nothing. Sorry. What were you saying?" 
Sumitra Devi puts her hand on his head,"I know something is disturbing you. I am your mother, tell me everything."

After a few seconds, he says,"I got my.."
"What's up Rockstar!", they hear a voice. 
They turn to see a guy of Sidharth's age, in a t-shirt and a pair of ripped denims, standing holding a backpack.

"Sandip? When did you come?", Sumitra Devi asks.
Sandip comes and touches her feet and then gives Sidharth a brotherly hug.
"Just now? How are you Aunty?", he replies.
"Good. Then you can be here for the party tonight. Go to your room and freshen up. I will send coffee and your favourite piece of carrot cake. I just baked today.", Sumitra Devi takes leave.

"So party suddenly? What's the occasion?", Sandip asks as they sit in the room.
"I had made an album with a collection of Dad's songs. That was launched a few days back. This is a sort of success party.", Sidharth replies.
"Hmm.. But you seem upset, and hmm.. distracted and something else has changed in you too. Sid what is going on in your mind?", Sandip asks.

Sidharth does not reply. Sandip puts his hand on his shoulder and says,"I am not only your cousin but also your best friend. Tell me everything."
Giving out a deep breath, Sidharth says,"A lot is going on. Where should I start?"

Sidharth shares his medical condition with him and what the doctor has said to him that morning.
"Hmm.. Why don't you see someone in the States? You give me your reports and I will..."
"No use.. I have consulted everyone. This can't be cured.", Sidharth interrupts.