Love and Technology

"Five steps to reach the table."
Sidharth says and starts counting as he walks towards it. 
Sandip says,"Perfect. Now walk to the window. 8 steps."
Sidharth turns and walks towards the window counting his steps. He is blindfolded and he is trying to walk like this to find his way on his own. He reaches the window and hears a clap. He could hear it coming from the door.

He knows who it is. How can he not? He can hear her heart calling his name. He smiles and starts walking towards it. And when he is just a step away from her, he removes his blind fold. He could see her beautiful face smiling at her. He smiles back and she hugs him.

"So, how is the practice going on?", Sana asks. 
Sandip says,"Very good. He is now an expert in finding his way all around the house."
"Great job. Well done coach." 
Sandip blushes, "I am going to the kitchen to have coffee, do you guys want anything?"
Both shake their heads to say no and he leaves. Sidharth puts on his glasses that he is using now and sits down beside her on the bed.

"So, what is the next big plan? You and Sandip are really making me crazy."
He asks, holding her close as she shakes her head.
"We just want you to remain.."
"Prepared. I know. Chodo. Now tell me what about the communication part."
"I know learning Braille is tough, for both of us. But that's the best solution. You learnt sign language for me then why are you denying this?"

Sidharth leaves her and goes to stand at the window.
"I am learning a lot right now. How to find my wardrobe, how to get my food from the casserole, how to reach the bathroom and find the flush without opening my eyes. I feel like I have already turned blind. I don't think I can learn anything new."

Sana goes to him and wraps his arms around him. 
"I have to be careful now when I perform on stage. I have to maintain a distance from the edge, or else I might fall down. Why because I can't see things clearly anymore? I have to wear this f**** glasses to see your beautiful face clearly when you are a few feet away from me. I can't..  "

Sana turns him to face her. He lowers his head and whispers, "I can't do this. I am scared."
"I know. I know."
"I don't want to learn anything else.. please."
"You don't have to. It's okay. "

After some time, Sana signs,"I am not asking you to learn Braille. I have another way."
Sidharth waits for her to continue.
"We have a connection and we will use that."
She removes his glasses and puts her palm over his eyes, closing them. She takes his hand and writes something using her index finger.
"What?"
He opens his eyes asking. Sana shakes her head and signs her to close his eyes and try to feel it.

Sidharth closes his eyes and gives out a deep breath. Sana once again writes something on his palm. 
A moment later, he says,"I love you."
He opens his eyes and stares at Sana who is smiling at him.
"See, we can talk now by holding hands. Now no one can stop us from getting together."
He wraps his arms around her and whispers, "I love you. I love you so much."

They hear a throat clearing sound and break the hug. They find Sandip standing at the door.

"Sorry to disturb you, love birds. "
Sidharth smiles and goes towards him. 
He holds his arms and says,"We have found our way to communicate. It was right in front of us but we didn't know about it. All thanks to Shehnaaz, we can now talk while holding each other's hand."

Sandip, confused at everything, looks at him.
"Wait, you both can communicate without reading signs and by just holding each other's hands. That's impossible. Koi connection banaya hai hai kya minds ke saath? I mean what kind of technology is this?"
Sidharth smiles, "Sandy, my brother, this is love technology. We are connected from our hearts. Didn't you know that? That's why we can read each other's eyes, each other's silence and each other's music. Still people wanted to see us communicate. So yes we found a manual way to talk. "

Sidharth signals her to come near him. Sana comes to him and they both hold each other's hands. He closes his eyes and she takes his hand. She starts writing on his palm with her finger.

He waits for a minute and she writes again. He smiles and opens his eyes. Staring into her deep hazel orbs, he says, "We are in this together."
She smiles and nods her head.
"Well, we need a little polishing. Well actually we don't. We have that technology working for us. Right baby!"
She smiles and Sandip scratches his head with a grin on his face says,
"Muhabbat bhi kamal hai,
Jab ruthe duniya jala de.
Jab parwan chadhe
Isse khubsurat aur kuch nahi."

Sidharth raises his eyebrows after Sandip finishes. 
"Waah! You have started writing again?"

"Main shayer nahi hun, mere dost.
Par tere pyar ko dekh,
Lafzon se phir mohabbat hone lagi hai."

Both clap their hands as Sandip says,"Seriously man! I have heard and read famous love stories but never seen one in real life till now. I am amazed. I am really happy for you."

"Dil se jude rishte ko
Kisi sahare ki jarurat nahi hoti.
Ek chuwan se ehsaas samjh ata hai,
Juban se kehne ki jarurat nahi hoti."

Sandip nods his head as Sidharth completes his poem.
He then says, "Well actually I had no intention to disturb you. I just came across something and wanted to share that with you both. Actually there is another way. I know you don't need anything when you both are together but what about when you both are away from each other."
Sidharth asks,"What way?"
Sandip pulls out his phone and shows him what he had found.
"There is an app that can translate the typed words into a voice. Sana can use this and you can hear it. We just need to talk to the developers and get it installed on an iPad or something."

Sidharth wraps his arms around Sandip for a brotherly hug.
"I really don't know how to thank you. Not only for this but for everything."
"Everything?"
"Of course. You were the one who made me realise my feelings for Shehnaaz. You are helping me learning my new normal. You are always beside me. You are my true brother and my best friend. I love you yaar!"
"Chod mujhe! Emotional kardiya.. I don't need your thanks. Just find me a beautiful girlfriend. Okay?"

Sidharth breaks his hug and smiles at him.
"That is tough. You are not getting that in this lifetime. Anything else?"
They look at each other's faces and break into laughter.

One more to go..