chapter 15

The sun appeared, shining down on a clearing which was surrounded on all sides by natural stone pillars. Inside, an archery target was set up.

Then, a heavy sigh was heard.

'God, we already had to sit through the clans' debates early in the morning! Now I have a headache, why is this place so hard to navigate on top of all that?' Wei Wuxian asked, groaning to himself. Unlike his usual black-and-red outfit, Wei Wuxian was fitted into a festive red and gold outfit — the uniform for the discussion conference.

Lan wangji: wei ying looks good in red .

He muttered to himself but he didn't know wei wuxian could hear him

Wei wuxian had a knowing smile on his face

His gaze drifted around the open field until he heard a soft thump from his right.

"Huh?" he asked, turning towards it.

A second later, another arrow flew forward and hit the bull's eye.

"The shooter's hand is firm and steady. Who's this excellent archer?" Wei Wuxian asked, moving around the target to get a better look.

People were interested on who the boy is

Before them, a young boy in Wen robes stood, brow creased in determination. Carefully, he lifted his arms and aimed another shot. His concentration peaked, and his surroundings faded away until his focus rested solely on the target before him.

Wen qing: a-ning?!

"Nice shot!" Wei Wuxian shouted.

With a scream, Wen Ning startled and launched his arrow towards Wei Ying.

They shouted : wei wuxian , a-ying , a-xian, wei ying , wei-xiong or wei gongzi

"Woah," Wei Wuxian said, catching the arrow with his bare hand.

"That was close," Wei Wuxian continued, before looking up and smiling at Wen Ning. "Don't be so nervous. What's your name? You're such a good archer!"

Still smiling, Wei Wuxian continued "I'm serious. That was really amazing. It's rare to see such a skilled arch-"

"I'm sorry!" Wen Ning yelled, then turned and sprinted behind one of the rock formations, hiding like a scared rabbit.

Jiang yanli and wei wuxian cooed at the cute little cinnamon roll

Even lan xichen and nie huaisang

"Huh? Am I really that Handsome??" he asked, staring at the stop where Wen Ning had stood just moments ago. "Hm. Whatever."

Lan zhan : yes...yes you are

Jin zixuan flushed because he accidentally eavesdropped wei wuxian and lan wangji's conversation

With a casual toss, Wei Wuxian speared the arrow straight through the distant target. Most people wouldn't have been so powerful or accurate even with a bow.

"This place is a maze!" he complained again. "Where's the archery field's entrance?"

From behind the stone wall, Wen Ning tensed slightly, then, hesitantly raised a hand to point to the right.

"Well, it's... over there," he explained.

"Hm?" Wei Wuxian glanced in the indicated direction, then smiled and bowed to Wen Ning. "Thanks! I'm Wei Ying from Yunmeng Jiang. Courtesy name Wuxian. May I have your name, gongzi?".