Pinned

"Morel, can you please explain why we're waiting in an empty parking lot in the middle of the city?" Knuckle groaned, always looking for a chance to complain.

"You'll see in a moment. I've brought in a new sparring partner for a bit of on the spot training for you two." Morel said vaguely.

"Seriously? What makes this so different that we have to wait here? Did you hire someone to rock our shit or what?" Knuckle pressed on, crossing his arms.

"Calm down Knuckle. I'm sure he has a valid reason as to why we're waiting here." Shoot stepped in, placing a hand on his frazzled friend's shoulder.

"Well, I guess you could say I did hire someone that could possibly 'rock your shit'. That, and she asked if she could join us for lunch this afternoon." Morel grinned.

"She??" Shoot and Knuckle said in the same confused tone together.

"Shit, sorry I'm late! Traffic was absolute hell and the driver got stuck a couple times!" Your voice rang out suddenly as you jogged across the parking lot.

"Glad to see you've made it _______." Morel greeted.

"Always a pleasure to be with you Morel~" You nodded, turning to face the other two. "You guys look surprised to see me! It has been a while hasn't it Knuckle, Shoot?"

"A while is an understatement. It's been well over a month by now! Talk about a long as hell mission. You couldn't come back any sooner eh? Shoot hasn't shut up about you since you left!" Knuckle cackled, quite overjoyed to see you again.

'O-OI!" Shoot hissed, slapping Knuckle across the back of his head with one of his disembodied hands, attempting to suppress a rising blush.

"Wait so that means... Morel you want us to fight her?!" Knuckle asked.

"Correct." He nodded.

"But she's so damn unpredictable! ________ is the most outgoing and spry person I know and you want us to spar with someone as insane as her?" Knuckle complained.

"That's the point Knuckle~! There's a reason I split off from work with Morel and started working on my own. We're more like equals now considering the amount of time I spend training with Bisky on the side. Plus, that expedition I was just on taught me a handful of new tricks. So, since you're the one complaining the most, you're up first. Look alive Knuckle!" You yelled out.

Shoot and Morel had to back up from Knuckle as you lunged at the man, engaging in full contact sparring immediately. Standing next to Morel, Shoot watched you and Knuckle duke it out old school style, fists and feet flying with remarkable speed that was exhausting to even watch. That month long job really did teach you a few things as neither of them remembered you ever being this agile before. Even Morel was impressed by your display of skill. As the seconds went by, it didn't take you much longer to disarm Knuckle, grabbing his arm and pinning it behind his back as tightly as you could. The man cried out in pain as he dropped to his knees, tapping out with his free hand instantaneously and leaving you with the victory.

"That's one win for me!" You cheered, releasing Knuckle's arm. "You weren't too bad though. You've gotten faster since I last saw you."

"You say that like you did just beat my ass into a pulp." Knuckle whined, crawling away. "Shoot! You're next! Avenge me for christ's sake!"

"A-ah shit..." Shoot mumbled, looking over at you beckoning him.

"It's training, Shoot. You can't back out now." Morel informed him with a knowing smirk.

"If you don't come to me, I'll come to you, Shoot!" You called out.

He was of course nervous as hell but no one here would let him get out of sparring with you, that's for sure. Not only was the spontaneous plan to train a bit of a surprise, but the fact that it was you was going to make things even more difficult for him. He had an unspoken crush on you, and since he was seeing you again after such a long time, he definitely didn't want to be fighting you. He could barely control his heartbeat, let alone compose himself enough to fight. With no way out though, he forced himself to approach you before you inevitably sent yourself flying at him.