Chapter 7-Sisterly Advice

I stretch my limbs out and slowly step out of bed. My bare feet touch the cool wood floor and my bare arms are now covered in goosebumps. I want to crawl back into bed and stay there for the rest of the day. It's just one of those days; however, I can't because Aspen is coming today. It's been a couple of days since my panic attacks, officially my fifth day here. Ever since my panic attack, the guys have been hovering, waiting for me to break. I know they just want to help, but it can be exhausting.

While I'm excited about Aspen's arrival. I just feel tired, exhausted even. It's not just the constant hovering, I also have very little time for myself; it does not help that I am an extreme introvert. In the morning I eat with them, after breakfast, Oliver takes me on an incredible date. So far we have gone on a hike with a picnic, had a movie marathon in the movie room, and then we spent the whole afternoon in the library. After Oli's and I's date I eat dinner with the guys and hang out with them for the rest of the night. It's safe to say I am ready for some me-time. I love spending time with these guys and getting to know them. I am mentally drained. Yesterday, I pretended to be asleep every time one of them came to get me up; when in reality I would be reading under the covers. I just need a day; or even an afternoon just for myself.

I drag myself to the bathroom and look at myself. My exhaustion is showing, I have deep dark bags under my eyes. Leo is going to be frustrated when he sees me this afternoon. He has been on me about my eating habits, exercising, and getting proper rest. He wants to make sure that I am the perfect incubator.

I brush my teeth and take a shower. I go over to my wardrobe and grab a random sweatshirt and some grey joggers. I put my hair in a messy bun, and go to face the music. I walk down the stairs and am surprised to find no one else up. I look at my watch and see that it's noon. Why isn't anyone else up? I go into the kitchen and open the fridge, I find a sandwich and cut up fruits and veggies. There is a note across the top.

Kinsley,

We have left for the afternoon so you can have a couple of hours of alone time with your sister. We will be back for dinner, and we can't wait to meet your sister!

Liam

I take a deep breath and hop up onto the kitchen counter. Noah hates when I sit on his counters, but I do it anyway. I take a strawberry from my plate and savor the feeling of being alone. I take a bite of my sandwich and throw another berry in my mouth. Just as I am about to go back to my room, see if I can get some more sleep my phone beeps.

Aspen- Hey Kins, I am running a little late. Do you mind if I bring Cade? He refuses to go to work with Caleb today.

I chuckle, I am not surprised. Cade is such a mommy's boy.

Me- Of course! I love my nephew, besides I will be having my own little monster soon so I might as well get used to having one around!

Aspen- Yay, I'll be there in an hour. We have so much to talk about.

Me- Ok see you then.

I am honestly, ok with it being an hour, and knowing Aspen it will be a little bit longer. Aspen shows up late one hundred percent of the time. I decide to head down to the library. I walk into the room and find the three kittens curled up sunbathing on the window seat. I grab Mochi and take him to the couch in the corner of the room. I go up the black staircase to grab some books and a blanket. I curl up on the couch and place Mochi on my lap. I grab one of the books I grabbed and look at the cover. The Book Thief. Even my hands unconsciously love this book. I cuddle deeper into the couch and flip page after page devouring this book. It's been my all-time favorite since I read it for the first time in 7th grade. This book is timeless, it makes me cry every time I read it, I have a small breakdown after reading it so Brooklyn hid it from me after the third time.