Chapter 4- New Beginning

*very briefly edited*

"Can we actually do a tour of the whole property?" I ask.

"Yeah of course, just let me go grab us a lunch. This will take a little longer if that's alright?"

"Sure I don't care."

"Great!" he says and heads to the kitchen, I follow after him. He grabs a picnic basket and fills it with quite a bit of food, he grabs a couple of waters.

"Alright so let's do the house tour first." He says.

"Sounds good."
He sets the basket on the table and leads the way.

"Do you know what rooms are in the house?" he asks.

"Mostly, Aspen filled me in," I say.

"I keep forgetting that Aspen is your sister. Do you have a preference of where we start?"

"Not really, I want to see the fun rooms though so maybe we could start with one of those?" I ask.

"Okay, sounds good, I am going to show you my favorite first," he says. I nod, I can take a guess at which one is his favorite.

"So you may have already guessed my favorite, seeing that I am here for my intelligence. However, the library isn't my favorite room, because of all the books. It's my favorite because, well you'll see. " he says.

He opens the door, I can instantly see why it's his favorite, three walls are filled with books, it has a high ceiling. One wall, however, is one giant window. Only two lamps are in the room, they aren't even on. All the light in the room comes from the window. It looks out to see all the trees. There are two doors on the window wall that lead out to a little balcony. Okay, this room is amazing. I turned around to see Oliver on the floor, did I mention the carpet, it's white and fluffy. Anyway, Oliver is on the floor playing with kittens.

"Where did you find these?" I ask. Getting on the floor.

"Well when we first got here, I heard sounds at night, so I got up to investigate. These little guys were under the house, soaking wet, and whimpering. I, of course, took them in. All the other guys were fine with it, and so now we have 3 house cats. They prefer the library, so it's just another reason why this room is my favorite."

"Oh my goodness. They are so adorable. What are their names?" I ask.

"Well the one that's all white is Mochi, the one that's black with white paws is Boots, and the one that is grey with lighter grey stripes is Tigris. Boot's is a boy and both Mochi and Tigris are girls. I named Tigris, Liam named Boots, and Mandy named Mochi." He says picking up Mochi.

I pick up Boots and he cuddles right into my chest.

"Mandy comes up every couple hours and feeds them and cleans out the litter. Then I come up here every once in a while and play with them, and also clean out the litter box. Then every 4 days we come up with a washcloth and do our best to wipe them down. " He gently holds Mochi to his chest.

"Okay, this is adorable. What happens when we leave? I am going to pick a guy and have a baby, what is going to happen to the them?"

"Well if you end up picking Liam or me, you will also be picking a cat, and Mandy wants Mochi."

"Well, I kinda hope I pick you or Liam then."

Oliver doesn't speak for a moment, I realize what I just said and back-peddle.

"I mean...it was a.....I just like...." I stutter.

"Relax, Kinsley, I was just messing with you. I know you were kidding. In all honesty, though it is a 40% chance that you do pick one of us." He reminds me.