The explanation... DUN! DUN! DUN!

Naruto was averting everyone's gaze and looking pleadingly at the Hokage. "Hokage-sama, what did he mean by nine-tails? Didn't Yondaime kill the kyuubi?" Shino asked the Hokage.

Naruto gulped and the Hokage looked at Naruto sadly before answering. The time had come for Hiruzen to finally reveal the secret that had been haunting for 12 long years. Never had he thought, he would feel so guilty in his life. He looked at the sullen expression on Naruto's young face and immediately averted his gaze, knowing that if he looked any longer, he would even if unconsciously, cry. He had finally thought that he could leave all the duties and responsibilities behind him when Minato had become Hokage, he could live leisurely in his humble abode with his wife, Biwako, his children and his thoughts, but, his independence and his wife were snatched from him in one night. On the dreaded night of the Kyuubi attack. The day the old jinchuriki died and a new one was born.

He had been exhausted, to his limit, both mentally and physically. He could not handle everything. He knew that now, apart from some, everyone would give the Uzumaki boy living hell once they knew, only when they would get some sense knocked into them, would they learn. Surprisingly, the Uchiha heir, the Lazy Nara and not so-surprisingly, the Byakugan heiress were sitting near Naruto. It was quite obvious that the Nara had already understood what had happened, and either he was a better friend than all the other or he was just too lazy to move. Hiruzen though, had raised an eyebrow when he saw the Uchiha. What was he doing? Well, he would know soon.

So, Hiruzen cleared his throat. Ready to tell the shocking fact to the newly-formed genins.

"I had hoped that I would not be the one to tell you about this, but rather the next Hokage or maybe, after some years I would. But, it seems like this has to be told now. The scene you all have just seen is sure to have confused you, even if only a bit." He stood up from his seat, wearing his Hokage cloak, his face looked worn out, as if he had lost all hope and want to work anymore. He wiped some sweat from his forehead and looked at Naruto one time before continuing with his explanation.

"What I am going to tell you is a S-rank secret. This cannot be discussed in public, if done then you will be executed. There are no exceptions for the same. You must think that I am being strict, but you are all shinobi now and have a duty towards the village. Now, am I clear?" Everyone nodded. Sandaime sighed and started the explanation.

The parents and teachers of the rookies paled when they finally realised what was going to be told. Inoichi tried to speak but was cut off by the Hokage. "Inoichi, I know that you think that I should not tell them the secret, but hasn't he suffered enough. Being tortured and abused, and above all he even was left alone by everyone. Everyone has to recognize him for what he is... A hero of the village. And a true citizen."

The Konoha 12 looked at the Hokage confused. "Now, if there are no people who want to interrupt me." He looked at everyone pointedly. 

"I shall start. Now, there are some secrets that haven't been told to the public which are the entire truth. One such thing is the about the Kyuubi attack. Now, to those who don't know, the tailed beasts is purely made of raw chakra and cannot be killed easily. Even if they are erased, they are bound to come back in a decade or 2. The kyuubi is the strongest of all the tailed beasts, the one with the nine tails and he is in the form of a fox. So, he is often called nine-tailed fox. A jinchuriki is someone who holds the tailed beast inside them. When the Kyuubi attack happened, everyone was already in a state of panic because of the destruction of the village but, more importantly the death of two very important people along with a lot more people. The yondaime and his wife were killed. Everyone was told that they died killing the kyuubi, but actually they didn't kill it."

He took a huge gulp of air. "On 10th October, the Red Habanero, Kushina Uzumaki, went into labor." On Uzumaki, Naruto quickly looked at the Hokage with wide eyes. "What most people didn't know was that she was also the nine-tails jinchuriki. Now, when a jinchuriki goes into labor, all the chakra gets directed towards the baby in their womb. So, there is a high probability of the tailed beast getting released. When she went into labor, she was kept in a hidden location with 24 hour surveillance from the ANBU. A master sealer was kept with her to make sure that the tailed beast doesn't break out, this master sealer was the baby's father, Minato Namikaze, the Yondaime."