Good Luck My Dear Brother

(Canada POV)

"Aight bro. Blue or black?" Ame pondered out loud, " Which one should I bring?"

I stood at the door and sighed, "I told you already that it really doesn't matter. Just take one and get going! Didn't you say it was an emergency and you had to leave as soon as possible?"

From the details I had been given (even though Ame really shouldn't have disclosed anything to me at all) NATO was going to take him and Russia to train and monitor the "situation" from Earth.

"Just make sure you pack warm stuff. It's supposed to be autumn down there but it's known to get real cold," I advised.

Ame gave me a "duh, I know that" look and continued to throw stuff into his bag.

"Oh, if anyone asks why I'm absent, say I'm gonna go fight giant radioactive booger monsters. You got that?"

"You're so immature."

A sudden flash of light erupted from beside me and I dove across the floor to get out of the way. An agent from HQ appeared out of thin air.

"Your ten minutes is up Mr. America. It's time to go."

He reached out and grabbed my brother by the arm which prompted a very rude word from his mouth.

"Argh- HEY! I wasn't done packing yet!"

"The essentials you lack will be provided by Headquarters. Come, the others are waiting."

In another flash of blinding light, my writhing brother disappeared. And with his absence came complete silence. I flopped onto his bed and chuckled to myself.

"I miss that annoying loud-mouthed jerk already."

(NATO POV)

A final check on all the preparations was being conducted as I glanced at my watch. At any moment, we would be all set to leave.

"STOP GRABBING ME! I CAN FUCKING STAND ON MY OWN YOU KNOW," an obnoxiously familiar voice barked. A moment later, the face that matched the voice appeared along with my colleague. America finally freed himself and marched his way over to me.

"Someone's in a bad mood," I pointed out.

"Then it would be wise to leave that someone alone," he spat.

Russia was right on his tail. His hair and clothes were all ruffled up and his ushanka was missing. He glanced around in bewilderment.

"Rough ride?" I called.

"Yeah, you could say that," he grumbled as he smoothed himself out, "It's not everyday that someone magically pops into your room and makes you pack for a trip to Siberia in ten minutes."

We stood by and waited as people rushed in and out of the room to prepare for the final transport. A blitz of light began to swirl and a low hum of energy brought the Gate to life.