Rise Little Underdog! Pt 2 (Germany and Russia POV)

(Germany POV)

Finally, it was just the two of us, standing face to face, just waiting for the signal to begin.  The sharp and emotionless stare sent chills up my spine but I was not scared. I was vengeful.

"BEGIN!"

I didn't hesitate for a second. I charged at him with fists raised. He dodged my blow with surprising speed, but I was faster. I swept my leg under him causing him to stumble. I tackled him and he hit the floor with a surprised yelp. Everyone was on their feet, unable to believe Russia had been brought down by little ol'  me. Gasps and hoots echoed through the colosseum but I didn't care. I sent another blow, aiming for his jaw, but he caught my fist and flipped me onto my stomach. My head hit the stone floor and the world began to spin.

My arm that had been pinned behind my back was starting to go numb. The Russian's iron grip did not help.

"My my... I didn't expect you to be so fierce. Aren't you supposed to be a peace- loving goody two-shoes?" he snarled. My struggles were futile but I continued to do so anyway.

"If you believe that, then you must be the dumbest person I've ever met. Wait, calling you a person would be too nice," I gasped. My response didn't affect him one bit.

"You can call me whatever you like. It won't bother me," he sighed, then let go of me.

I staggered to my feet and glared at him in disbelief, "What are you doing?"

"I was getting bored. Fighting you isn't fun at all."

My eyes narrowed. I knew he was trying to rile me up and do something reckless. I must admit, it was working but I wasn't someone who liked to act impulsively unlike the others. I began to slowly back away to give myself time to think. We circled one another, our eyes unwavering and daring the other to make the first move.

After what seemed like an eternity, I bolted into action. Russia was quick to react but I had expected that. I quickly closed the gap between us and threw a kick at him. He was able to dodge but unbeknown to him, I had been guiding him to the uneven cracked platform that Finland had made. He was able to leap over it, but taking his eyes away from me was his mistake.

I swung around the large pillar and caught him with a hammering kick on the back of the head. He crumpled to the floor, cursing all the way but he didn't get back up.

I was sweating and my lungs burned but it didn't matter. I had done it. I had taken Russia down? It seemed so. The class went ballistic. Laughing and cheering filled the air.

"WAS THAT A RECREATION OF DENMARK'S SMACKDOWN MOVE?!" Poland hollered at me through the celebration. I smiled and nodded.

"You do have a good eye for your surroundings goggles, I'll give you that."

My blood turned into ice once I registered the voice. Only one person had ever dared to call me that. Poland's look of horror and shock mirrored my own and the next thing I knew, I was being choked in a headlock.

"How-"

He stared at me with an emotionless expression, "You know a single blow to the head isn't going to cut it right? I've been through far worse."

I was mentally smacking myself for letting my guard down, but I was loathing too much to note it down. I was not gonna go down gracefully.

"That's what you deserve. You know that the whole world wouldn't mind if you chose to die right? How about you do us a favor," I stuttered. My vision was starting to dim from the lack of oxygen and my body began to go limp, " Let me go you... bastard..."