Chapter 7

Suddenly the door burst open and both women startled and turned around to look. Karan stood in the doorway, visibly livid.

"What are you doing in my house, you bitch?", he stalked over to Khushi and held her arm tightly enough to hurt.

"I didn't want to come here. Your mother asked me to come. If I knew what she was going to say, I wouldn't have bothered making this trip...... I shall be leaving now", Khushi pulled her arm out from his hold and started walking out of the outhouse.

"Khushi, please think about what I said", Garima pleaded.

"No, Mrs Gupta... I refuse to do whatever you want me to do. I want out, and away from this monster", Khushi said angrily, throwing the words over her shoulder as she continued to leave the house.

And in hindsight, that was her mistake. Knowing how easily Karan could be provoked, she should've just left the house without saying a single word, while she still could. But her anger clouded her instincts and she did throw that sentence in, and she did end up provoking that monster.

Karan walked up to her and grabbed her arm again, turning her back to face him. He was beyond anger. His face was calm, but Khushi could feel the waves emanating off him. Too late, her survival instincts kicked in. She desperately rummaged in her purse for the pepper spray she'd taken to carrying, but before her fingers could find it, she was yanked back into the room. Her purse fell off her shoulder and on the floor.

"Karan, beta. Leave her. She's not worth it", Garima tried.

"I know what she's worth Ma. She needs to learn her worth now, and I'm going to show it to her", he gritted out.

He pulled her by the arms, dragging her behind him, and she struggled to free herself.

"Let me go.... Let me go Karan..... This will not look good...... Stop it, let go of me", Khushi was struggling to stay on her feet. She was more angry than frightened, and tried to pry his fingers off her arm. But they were digging in, and he was much, much stronger than her.

He dragged her out of the outhouse, to the main house's back door, through the back rooms, up the staircase, straight to his bedroom. Garima was running behind them, pleading with him to calm down, trying to pull him back, but he just shook her off like a pesky fly.

As soon as they got into the bedroom, he pushed Khushi further into the room, and turned around and slammed the door shut in Garima's face. She was left banging on the door, pleading with him to open up, begging for him to listen to her.

"This is between me and my wife, Ma. Nobody should interfere" Karan yelled at her through the closed door, and that is when the first tendrils of genuine fear began to make their way through Khushi's mind.

She was stuck in a room with a violent man who was close to homicidal right now, and knowing his family, they wouldn't interfere, especially when he was in this mood.

Warning. Triggers and mature scenes ahead.

He turned around, "So Khushi Karan Gupta, you think I am a monster, do you?"

He started stalking her, taking slow steps towards her. Khushi involuntarily stepped back until her back hit the wall. Then she remembered the last time she'd done that, when he'd banged her head against the wall, and stepped away from it. She'd learned quickly how to minimize damage, things that only survivors know and only through experience.