6. Happy Halloween

Word Count: 3831

You were walking to class the next week when you ran into Harry. Oliver had told you that Harry would be the team's new seeker, Professor McGonagall had seen him on his broom catching Nevilles rememberall during their flying lesson. She had said that Charlie Weasley himself couldn't have done it, which was saying a lot since the Weasley's brother Charlie was quite the legend at Hogwarts when it came to Quidditch.

"Heya Harry Congrats on being the new seeker." Ron hadn't heard the news and freaked out. 

"SEEKER! But first years never make the house teams. You must be the youngest quidditch player in-"

"A century. According to McGonagall." Harry finished for him. Just then Fred and George came up behind you three, George was beside you wrapping his arm around your shoulder. 

"Hey." You said directing it at both of them.

"Well done, Harry. Wood's just told us." Fred said.

"Fred and George are the team too. Beaters." You explained.

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. I can't make any promises. of course. Rough game, quidditch." George Started.

"Brutal. but no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally. . "

"But they'll turn up in a month or two."

"Don't scare the boy." You said smacking the two on their arms.

"We're just joking," Fred said putting his hands up in surrender. 

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year." Said George. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. We have you." He pointed at you. "And we have Harry, and he must be good Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway we gotta go, Lee reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school," Fred mentioned. 

"I bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you later." George said while walking away. Turning around to wave as he said goodbye.

"I'm gonna go too" You said goodbye and then headed to your last class DADA.

After classes and dinner, you made yourself comfortable on the couch in the common room doing some of the catch-up work that Theo had given you. The study sessions were quiet and awkward but as long as you got caught up you didn't mind.

The trio came running into the Common room, all three of them out of breath.

"Why do you three you look like you just ran a marathon." You said closing your notebook.

"Well, the stairs they changed and we ended up on the third floor-" Ron started.

"That floors off limits even the twins and Lee won't go up there are you insane." You interrupted.

"That's what I tried telling them," Hermione spoke up.

"Never mind that Filches's cat saw us so we hid in a room and it has a three-headed dog." You gave Harry a confused look, thinking he was messing with you, you looked at Ron and then Hermione who both nodded their heads confirming what he said.

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Said Ron finally. "If any dog needs exercise, that one does."

Hermione had seemed to get her breathing under control but seemed to get her temper in check as well.