56: Leo Is Here.

Leo had to postpone his trip to New York for a weekend for a week as he had an emergency case at the hospital and also, the police wanted to question him about the shooting incident. He didn't tell Maria about the investigation – he didn't want to make her worried but his father knows. Leo was currently waiting in the police department – waiting for an officer to question him. He has been told that Mia has been asking to see her and Liam – but of course, after what she did to Liam – she wasn't permitted to access him, also Liam himself doesn't want to see his, mother. He was still traumatized by her. "Mr. Wayne," Leo looked up to see an officer looking at him. Leo got on his feet and stretched his hand out for a handshake, "Hello," he said. The office smiled and shook Leo's hand, "Come in, Mr. Wayne." The officer said and opened the door to his office and walked in. Leo followed him in. "I am sorry, you had to wait." The officer said. Leo bobbed his head, "It is alright," he replied.

The officer said on a chair and asked Leo to sit on the other chair right in front of him – there was a table between the two of them. "How are you doing now, Mr. Wayne?" The officer asked. Leo's hand automatically went up to his head as he touched the scar on his head and sighed, "I am fine now," he replied. His physical wounds were healing but the mental wounds this incident gave him – he doesn't know when will he recover from it. "Well, you must already know that the hearing of Mrs. Mia Ian's case will be in February," The office told Leo. He nodded his head – Leo was told about it and also, it was on the news as well. "Till then she will be staying in remand," The officer told him. Leo didn't want to comment on it so he only nodded his head. The officer sighed and looked at the papers he had on his desk and said, "I have few questions for you, Mr. Wayne." He said and started to question Leo in length. He was asked about his relationship with Mia. How did they know each other? Leo was asked if Mia ever showed any sign of being a psychopath – he was asked if Leo suspected Mia's growing obsession with him. And then slowly the simple questioning turned into interrogating – Leo was prepared for it. He knew the officer will question him like this. Leo was the person who was injured the least – he wasn't shot at – he was only hit on the head. Of course, the police had concerns and Leo didn't mind removing all the doubts from their mind.

All the questions that were being asked – Leo had already answered them before. Leo knows that the officer wanted to make sure if the story changes but it didn't – he told him everything that happened. "You left the door open when you ran downstairs?" The officer asked. Leo nodded his head, "Yes, I panicked and ran downstairs without making sure that the door was closed," He replied. The officer nodded and looked down at his papers. Leo suspected that the police were inclined to think of him as a suspect – they were trying to see if Leo had any connection with the case. "Alright, Mr. Wayne – I think we asked you all for the day. So, told Officer Sal that you are traveling to New York this week?" The officer asked. Leo heaved and nodded, "Yes, I am – just for the weekend." He answered. The officer looked at him and smiled, "Alright then, if we will have any other questions – we will contact you," he added. Leo nodded his head, "Of course." He replied.

Amanda was furious as she walked with Leo, "Why would they do that? Talking to you as if you are the suspect – you are the victim in this!" She said to Leo after he told her where he was at in the afternoon. Leo blew his cheeks out, "It doesn't matter – I am not nervous and I am fine with all the questionings – I just want to see her behind the bars." He clenched his jaws. Not only she tried to kill Elizabeth and murdered Rene but she was also hurting her son – Leo would never want to see her face again – he hates her the most. Amanda sighed and as she sat on the bench in the locker rooms, "I can't believe a mother can be so evil." She mumbled as Leo took out his things from the locker. He ignores her comment as Ruby came to his mind – she was just like Mia – maybe she didn't try to hurt her children but she did go to kill Maria.