32: Can We Talk?

Mia walked into the hospital with her homemade brownies for Leo. Leo likes them and couldn't come last night to eat them when they were freshly baked so, she decided to bring them to the hospital for him – hopefully, he was available to try them. He has eaten them multiple times before but Mia can never get enough of his praising her baking skills. She loves it when he likes them and when he compliments her. There is no doubt in her mind that she likes him –maybe a little too much. She just wants him to like her back. Mia knows that deep down he feels something for her but she just wants him to like her as she does.

"Hey, Mia!" Mia heard her name being called by a familiar voice and turned around to see Amanda walking towards her with a smile on her face. Mia smiled back politely at her before she nodded her head and replied, "Oh, hi Amanda." Mia can't lie – she isn't a big fan of Amanda. She is too friendly with Leo – she knows that Amanda likes him, but she was glad to know that Leo doesn't feel the same about her. She always tried to glue herself with Leo and it bothers Mia – but she doesn't say anything to Leo. He might think she was being paranoid. Mia cleared her throat, "How are you, Amanda?" she asked softly. Amanda smiled and shrugged, "Same old," she replied before her eyes went on the box of brownies that Mia had in her hand. "Oh wow, seems like you got something for Leo – huh?" Amanda asked. Mia smiled genuinely this time and nodded her head softly, "Yes, I brought him some brownie I made last night," She replied.

Amanda gasped, "Oh yes, I have tasted them before. They taste so good. You have to give me the recipe." Amanda said. Mia chuckled, "You liked them?" She asked. Amanda nodded her head, "Yes, they were so good." She replied. Mia tugged her hair behind her ear and smiled, "Wow, thank you, Amanda," she replied to her. Amanda was about to say something when her pager went off. She checked and sighed, "I know to go now," she said and looked at Mia. Mia smiled and nodded her head, "Sure," she replied. "Just so you know I will steal some of those from Leo." Amanda winked as she pointed towards the box Mia had in her hand. Mia laughed, "You don't have to. I will ask Leo to save you some," She replied. Amanda grinned, "You are amazing," she said. "Okay, I have to go!" she added before was about to walk away when Mia stopped her. "Oh wait, Amanda." Amanda halted and turned around to look at her. "Uh, do you know where Leo is?" she asked him. "He was on round with interns in the ward – he must have been done by now," She answered her. "Oh, alright thanks," Mia said with a small smile. Amanda smiled back at her and walked away.

Mia blew her cheeks and walked towards where Liam was admitted before when he accidentally drank the bleach. She took her phone out of her purse and thought of calling Leo again. She did try to call him before but he didn't answer her calls – maybe he was busy. She was about to call him when she glanced at her left to see Leo walking towards another corridor. A smile stretched on her lips. She decided to just follow him rather than calling him. She slowly followed him – she was ready to call out his name when the door of the lady's washroom opened and a young and beautiful woman stepped out wiping her hands with a paper towel. Leo halted as soon as he saw her.

Mia doesn't know why she reacted that way, but as soon as she saw him halt after seeing that woman – she stepped into another corridor that on her left and leaned against the wall while she could hear his voice. "Oh – hey," she heard him say. She could sense a hesitation in his voice. She waited for him or her to say something else, but she didn't hear anything except for the door shutting – that she suspected was the washroom's door. I knitted her eyebrows together and peeked out at the corridor to see that Leo and that woman were nowhere to be seen. She bit her lip and looked at the box of brownies she held in her hands. She thought of kept looking for Leo in the corridor but deep down she was afraid that he was in the washroom with the woman. She blew her cheeks out and decided to check – just to make sure. She towards the closed door of the bathroom and took a breath before she opened the door to witness what was nothing less than horror for her.