75: Jealousy.

Just an hour into the party – Leo realized how passionate Elizabeth is about her profession. The way she talks with people of her profession made him feel proud. While Elizabeth was busy socializing, Leo stood wordlessly along with her. He didn't know anyone there except Ethan and Elizabeth and both of them were busy talking to others. Leo stood by the railing of the yacht with a drink in his hand while Elizabeth and Ethan talked about 'Angus' who wasn't there yet. Leo looked into dark Lake Michigan – he loved how still and quiet it was there – he could stare at the peaceful sight all night long. He felt a hand on his back before he heard her voice, "Bored?" She asked harshly. Leo turned his head to look at Elizabeth as she stepped beside him and placed her wrists on the railing. He chuckled, "No, I love this view." He told her as his eye roaming at the bright city – they couldn't hear the hustle-bustle of the city and that made it even beautiful for them. Elizabeth heaved a sigh and smile, "True, this does look beautiful." He agreed with a nod.

Leo saw how even after wrapping the shawl around her – she was rubbing her arms and put his arm around her – giving her the warmth. He looked at her and smiled before she rested her head on his shoulder. Leo placed a kiss on her head before he softly rubbed her arm, "Are you tired?" He asked softly. She shook her head but didn't speak immediately. After a couple of seconds of pause, she spoke, "Just feeling a little down as I see the dark sky," She looked up at the dark and clear sky. Leo brought his eyebrows together, "Why is that?" he asked as he looked at Elizabeth. She exhaled and looked into Leo's eyes, "This day has almost ended – and with that, this weekend is ending as well. You know what that means, right?" She asked him. A soft smile stretched on his lips, "No one can know it better than me, Elizabeth. I have been dreading about this weekend ending more than anyone," He replied.

Elizabeth was about to say something when she heard her name being called, "Elizabeth Harrison," a thick English accent uttered her name – causing her and Leo to turn their heads to see the person. Elizabeth grinned as soon as she sees two tall figures stepping closer to her while Leo ignored Ethan and eyed the unfamiliar tall man beside him. The man was slightly taller than Ethan with honey brown eyes wrinkling as he grinned – looking at Elizabeth. Even with peppery stubble, the man didn't look too old – maybe he was of Leo's age or maybe younger. The man wasn't dressed in a suit or tuxedo as Leo except him to be dressed in – instead he wore a black sweater over jeans. Maybe it wasn't Angus Vaughn, Leo thought. But Leo's doubts were proven wrong when Elizabeth called out his name, "Oh, you are here, Mr. Vaughn." She said. She stretched her hand out and soon Angus's long fingers enveloped her hands. "Ah – yes, apologies for my tardiness, Miss Elizabeth. My flight was delayed," He answered her. Elizabeth chuckled, "No worries, Mr. Vaughn." She replied. Leo's eyes traveled to their hands – still enveloped around each other's. To Leo's relief, Angus and Elizabeth pull their hands back. Elizabeth looked at Leo with a smile and placed her hand on Leo's back, "Mr. Vaughn, please meet my boyfriend – Dr. Leo Wayne." She introduced him to Angus. Leo tightly smiled at the man and nodded his head, "Hello," he said and shook hands with Angus.

Ethan saw the way Leo was looking at Angus – he wanted to laugh and poke fun of him being so obvious with his jealousy. "Dr. Wayne is a remarkable doctor – he is amazing at his job. I work with him," Ethan spoke while Elizabeth proudly looked at Leo. "He is remarkable in every way," she added. Leo has never been good with compliments so he smiled and awkwardly stood in his place. Angus smiled, "If Ethan likes you then you must be excellent in your job because this man – he is hard to impress," Angus said. Leo snickered, "I try to do my best," he replied short. He wasn't sure how to engage in conversation with him – he has never been too good at conversations and socializing. Luckily for him, soon Ethan, Elizabeth, and Angus started to talk about business, and once again he was left alone to enjoy the beautiful view but this time he couldn't concentrate on it as his mind was on Elizabeth and how she will be leaving tomorrow. He sighed and looked down at the light's reflection in the water.