%BLiND MiCE%

The crooked inspector shook his head, "andé, I hate NFS."

"Okay, but you're still the one coming," Seung Woo turned and headed towards the door.

Se Ra slummed down in her chair.

"Ya, inspector chankam [wait]," Gwak yelled down the corridor.

Sungmin, too, went to sit down, "wa, lucky inspector Choi."

Se Ra's eyes became slits, "what do you mean by lucky?"

Sung Min tried to stare at something else as he replied, "Ah, kugae, nothing."

"You said lucky. How is Chief Inspector Choi in luck?"

"Eh, madamㅡ."

"Sung Min."

"Alright, the forensic doctor doesn't seem indifferent to Inspector Choi. I'd even say she likes him."

"MWO?" Se Ra yelled as she sprung from her chair and went to lean over Sung Min, who shrunk in his chair.

"Eh, I didn't want to stress you."

The officer grasped her hair while she paced back and forth, "I should have gone with him."

Se Ra's mind raced. Did Seung Woo refuse to take her purposely so he could have a romantic moment around the decaying teeth and another corpse with the forensic doctor?

"Officer Jin, Officer Jin."

"MWO?" she barked at Sung Min, who slid his head backward in fright.

"I shouldn't have told you."

"No, you did well; we'll see if the inspector goes there without me again, I swearㅡ."

Sung Min's face glowed with a playful smile. " You truly fancy him, don't you?"

From boiling red from anger, Se Ra switched to a red of embarrassment, "You tell someone, and you are a dead man officer, Lee Sung Min."

The officer laughed at the death threat, "Inspector Choi likes you too."

Se Ra's face softened, and in a sultry tone, she asked, "Are you sure?"

"It's obvious."

The words made the woman touch her face as though Seung Woo had pronounced them.

In the car, Seung Woo sneezed.

"Ah, someone is talking about you."

Seung Woo glared at Gwak, who gave his usual I-don't-care-shrug before picking up another subject, "I don't like going to NFS. Why didn't you take the eager douchebag or your Cherie?"

"Because they were too eager, like you say," Seung Woo answered.

"You're really taking all this seriously."

"Not you?"

"Nope, I just want a pension. I'm not like you; I didn't become a cop for some justice. I don't want to be anyone's hero. I just wanted to be a civil servant to please girls, and somehow, I started liking the job."

"I see."

It was the first time Seung Woo was alone with Gwak. Doctor Noh had justified her choices regarding the team, but Seung Woo still wanted to know more about the man beside him.

"So why did you take the bribes."

"Is this off the record?" Gwak asked.

"Yes."

Seung Woo said, glancing at the detective before focusing on his driving.

"That's the part I liked. I'm ashamed of what I did, but my mom needed an emergency operation, and I would kill for my mother."

Seung Woo understood that he would probably have done the same thing if he had faced the same dilemma and had no one to turn to for help.

Gwak turned to face Seung Woo, "So what do you think of me now?"

"Nothing, I don't think anything in particular."

Detective Gwak told the truth. His mother's operation was the first reason he became a bad cop, but once she was out of the blocks and saved, he started to gamble and mingle with thugs.

For the police, Gwak's mindless behavior represented having innocents in prison and criminals on the loose.

The only reason he still had his badge was that other ruthless people in high positions backed him.

They arrived at Forensic.

"Inspector Choi Yongsan police." Seung Woo announced at the reception.

The receptionist smiled, "Okay, you may go up."

Gwak's eyes darted like a ferret, "it smells death all over the place."

Seung Woo thought it smelt like a hospital. Gwak's reaction was psychological.

The lift stopped at the 5th floor, where Dr. Lee Mi Rae greeted them.

"Inspector."

"Doctor Lee."

The woman smiled, making Gwak glare at Seung Woo. He didn't understand what women saw in the tall, slender man who seemed more fit to be in glossy magazines than a cop. Inspector Gwak wasn't precisely correct. Inspector Choi was handsome, but all these ladies were there for his mysterious and broken side.

Doctor Mi Rae Lee was no exception. She, too, was willing to try mending the wounded inspector.

Seung Woo didn't want to waste time and asked, "So what do we have?"

"I already transmitted the conclusions to all the teams. There wasn't a need for you to come all this way, inspector," the woman said as she advanced in the corridor, followed by the two men.

"I wanted to see for myself."

"Okay, so we have six teeth. Five belong to recent victims and one for Pang Bo Ra."

"Are you sure?" Seung Woo asked.

"Bones and teeth don't lie; we had her dental file sent to us."

"So the question is, how did The Fairy get that one particular tooth?"

Gwak snapped his fingers, "Perhaps Stein didn't kill her; maybe it was the fairy all along."

"No, the fairy began his killings almost 30 years after Pang Bo Ra disappeared."

"What if she was his first victim, and he went in a cooling period afterward."

Gwak's theory was plausible, yet Inspector Choi wasn't convinced. For Seung Woo, the fairy was delivering a message, but what?

One thing for sure: catching the Tooth Fairy meant maybe finding out the truth behind Pang Bo Ra's disappearance.

"Is there anything to note about the teeth?"

"Well, the gastric acid rubbed off some evidence in the dog's stomach, so I can't say more."

They entered the doctor's laboratory. The victim's teeth bathed in a yellow solution that made Gwak think it was urine.

"What would be interesting to know is how, where, and when the dog swallowed the teeth," Seung Woo pursued.

Doctor Lee nodded, "The only thing I can say is they must have been within something comestible for a dog will not eat a tooth voluntarily."

"You mean like in a cake or cookie?" Gwak said.

"Yes."

"We need to know where and what the dog owner did in the last 10 hours," Seung Woo said.

Everyone ran on someone's wheel or danced to the piper's tune. Right then, Seung Woo did both.