°●FoReNsic●•

Seoul, Noranjangjin

The bodies were like superstars. A procession of tv vans and police followed their transfer.

Reporters growled everywhere; questions harassed all the teams.

"Is Stein Son the killer?"

"Who tipped off the police?"

"Who do you think the remains belong to?"

"Does Byeon-Ji have her teeth?"

Seung Woo hurried to rush away from the reporters, "We shouldn't stay here, Gwak, Jin, keep me informed. Sung Min, come with the doctor and me."

Sung Min ran to catch up with the tall inspector, who took giant strides, "where are we going?"

"Forensics."

Seoul, Sinwol-dong

NFS (National Forensic Service)

Seung Woo knew they were not there for Byeon Ji. What interested everyone was the old corpse.

"Can you imagine if it's one of the two missing girls from the '80s?"

"Don't keep your hopes up," Seung Woo whispered.

The thought was twisted, but Seung Woo, too, wished it was one of the girls and that he would find some clues.

The doctor was silent. According to the timetable, Hans was the only encounter of the day.

Even though Seung Woo, like everyone else, was intrigued by the bone remains, he also thought about Byeon Ji and the shock her death would cause to her friend.

The tooth fairy was an odd killer; the girls usually went missing on Mondays and were generally found a month later. The day of death was always a Friday.

Unlike Stein, he sometimes raped his victims, but not always. His signature consisted in leaving the girls toothless; he appeared to kill for leisure. The teeth were his mementos.

Seung Woo noted the proximity between where Stein Son disposited his bodies. At first, Seung Woo thought it was a simple copycat procedure, but that day Byeon Ji's body was found a couple of meters from one of Stein's.

How could the tooth fairy be aware of the remains emplacement?

Was the fairy tipping off the police?

Was it intentional or a mere coincidence?

Stein's case was a trial of dark spots.

"Hello, I'm doctor Lee Mi Rae. I'll be conducting the bone analysis. Dr. Woo will do the RNA markers analysis for body fluids."

Doctor Lee Mi Rae arrived at the Seoul forensic service a few months before, officers already nicknamed her Bones. She studied in the U.S and came to Seoul, where she was never at rest.

The woman had many qualities, including beauty. Seung Woo wondered why all these pretty women chose such life-risking jobs that stole their beauty slumber on their weekends and nights.

As if she heard, a smile appeared on Dr. Lee Mi Rae's face making everyone turn in Seung Woo's direction to see towards whom she directed her radiance.

Seung Woo would have preferred the autopsy, to begin with, of the remains, yet like everyone else, he listened to the report concerning Byeon Ji before straightening up to hear the old bones of the other victim tell their tale.

They transported the remains for x-rays, the bones came back, and there were taken to a closed room where only doctor Lee and her team were allowed. The police stood in a screening room.