!¡CeReBeLLuM¡!

Jin Se Ra came out of the lift leading to their basement office with confidence, which faded away as soon as she stepped in their office door.

"Where's inspector Choi?"

"Annyeonghaeseyo officer Jin,ㅡeh the chief inspector, said he'd be outside today."

"Inspector Choi was here?" Se Ra asked.

"Ten minutes ago," Sungmin answered.

Se Ra looked at her watch; she wasn't late. The lieutenant was even fifteen minutes early.

"Ah, that's inspectors for you, always investigating on their own, wanting all the glory for themselves," Gwak swung back and forth on a chair with his hands behind his head.

Se Ra's mood plummeted, they kissed, and Seung Woo ran off like a thief apologizing when it was she who initiated the action.

Despite his abrupt departure Se Ra now knew he wasn't indifferent to her charms, and so she hoped. Standing like an idiot in the doorway, Se Ra wanted to scold herself. What did she expect?

She told Seung Woo she wasn't the clingy type, yet she stood disappointed not to find him.

"Paebo," [idiot] she whispered.

Seung Woo was alone; doctor Noh was not operational since the Kuma tidal wave. Professor Baek told him all the alters had surfaced except the doctor. Something happened at the forensic. Noa Noh must have felt threatened by someone or something. Kuma being a bear, made it complicated to communicate.

Who would imagine a person having an animal as an alter? But it was possible from what Seung Woo read. One could even have an alter representing an emotion. If it weren't for doctor Noh, Seung Woo would still be unaware of such things.

So many mysteries filled the world, and no one took the time to look at them.

Seung Woo drove straight to doctor Mul's house. The doctor no longer practiced and had retired. A woman in her forties′s opened the door. She was chic like most women of Gangnam with her pale blue turtleneck and cardigan set with her black pencil skirt.

"Good morning, madam; I'm inspector Choi from Yongsan police. I wondered if it was possible to speak to doctor Mul Jang Ji.

"I'm afraid it won't be possible. Doctor; I mean, my father died two months ago."

"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that," Seung answered.

"Please, come inside, inspector. It's cold outside."

"Thank you, madam."

Seung Woo entered the house. It was enormous; the inspector wondered if he could buy a place like it with his income. The chances were slim.

"Please, have a seat inspector. Would you like some tea or coffee?"

"Please, don't bother yourself."

"It's no bother, so will it be tea or coffee, perhaps a Nespresso?"

"Coffee, whatever type, will do," Seung Woo answered as he let his eyes scan the room.

The woman smiled.

"Su Ri, can you please prepare a Roma for the inspector and a Fortissio Lungo for me, please."

The woman who stood to wait in the living room nodded and went to make the expressos.

Seung Woo sat down on the leather couch, which purred as though he was the first person who ever sat on it.

"May I ask what you wanted to ask my father if it isn't indiscreet?"