twenty five

excuse mistakes

"What you wanna do?" Ja'Kye asked Dior, who stared at a lifeless Jaliyah.

"I'm not giving up on her. We're not pulling it. She just needs some time." Dior sniffled wiping under her eye, grabbing Jaliyah's hand.

"Di—Papa I-I'm not giving up on her." Dior sternly repeated now facing Ja'Kye. He nodded his head and backed away so that Dior could have her moment.

The doctor had told Dior and the rest that Jaliyah would be in a coma forever. Basically Jaliyah lost oxygen to her brain, and being that it took so long for the paramedics to find her it was already to late. They did say Jaliyah needed a miracle to wake up.

"You want me to bring you a bag of clothes up here in the morning?" Ja'Kye asked. It was really late at night right now and Sahara, Paige, and Sevyn needed to go home.

"Yes please. Just bring lots of hoodies and sweatpants." Dior replied.

"I love you. I'll text you when we make it home." Ja'Kye stated walking to give Dior a much needed hug.

"I love you more and ok." Dior replied, pulling away. They gave each other a quick kiss, and then Ja'Kye left.

He got on the elevator so that it could take him back to the first floor where everyone else was. Boozie and his son were wide awake while everyone else was sleep.

"How she doing?" Boozie nervously asked. His stomach was in tight rope knots. He had cried until there was no more tears. He felt so guilty.

"Shit not looking good, but y'all need to go home. Come back tomorrow with us. I'm finna get them home now." Ja'Kye responded. He was still so confused. Boozie wasn't saying much, and he was trying to be strong for everyone. Jaliyah is like a sister to him, and to see her half dead didnt sit well with him.

"Aight bro, be safe." Boozie nodded, standing up.

"Y'all too. She gone shake back don't even beat yourself up." Ja'Kye stated. Boozie sighed and shook his head. Him and his son left, already talking about what time they were waking up.

Now it was time for Ja'Kye to wake Paige and Sahara up. Something that wasn't easy to do.

"Toosie. Toosie, wake up we bout to go." Kye whispered shaking her and Sahara at the same time. Paige was holding Sevyn closely to her chest while Sahara laid on her lap.

"Ma Ma, come on." Ja'Kye whispered picking her up, so that Paige could move.

"Toosie, wake up." Ja'Kye repeated again. Paige's eyes popped open and her arms immediately tightened around Sevyn.

"Where—Oh." Paige mumbled rubbing her eyes with one hand. She carefully laid Sevyn in her car seat, because the last thing they needed was for her to wake up out her sleep.

"TT." Sahara mumbled sticking her thumb in her mouth, and closing her eyes. Sahara still didn't know what was going on.

"You want me to carry her seat?" Ja'Kye asked Paige. She shook her head no, and started walking in front of him.

Sahara coughed one good time, and then started adjusting herself in Ja'Kye's arms. They walked to the parking lot, making sure to watch their surroundings and cars.

They finally made it to Dior's car. Kye helped buckled Sevyn and Sahara in, while Paige walked to the passenger seat. After everyone was in the car, he pulled off to their home.

—-

Next day...

"Did you get them there on time?" Dior asked Ja'Kye as soon as he walked in with Sevyn.